Purpose of role: The role involves the general coordination and support for the central sourcing team.
Reports to: Sourcing Manager
• The role involves supporting the sourcing team to attract, develop and integrate new suppliers and production units for new and existing product categories for Primark.
• The role involves arranging and coordinating new Suppliers inductions to Primark.
• The role involves working with our Regional Sourcing Offices to develop and integrate new factories with existing suppliers to support Primark capacity growth.
• The role involves the organisation and scheduling of supplier meetings, workshops, conferences as required
• The successful candidate needs to manage multiple issues, engage multiple stakeholders and ensure these issues are resolved efficiently.
• The role involves ad hoc support for any supplier related queries that may arise and impact Buying, Ethical, Supply Chain, Customs and Finance teams.
• The role involves travel coordination, meeting schedules, passport/visas, presentations, preparation as required.
• The role will require attending individual supplier meetings in ARH/Reading House as required.
• The successful candidate needs to build & maintain relationships with the Buying, Sourcing Teams and Suppliers.
Knowledge & Personal skills:
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Relationship builder, both internally and externally
• An ability to work under pressure
• Able to work in a team and on own initiative
• Cultural awareness, sensitivity and confidentiality
• Excellent problem solving and planning skills
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programmes including Excel, Word, Project and PowerPoint.
• Be resilient, flexible and open to change
• Have good listening skills
• Be energetic and enthusiastic
• Have the ability to manage own time, prioritise and be self-motivated
• Be able to digest and manage a large volume of information.