Purpose of role: The role involves attracting, developing and integrating new suppliers and production units for new and existing product categories in new and existing sourcing territories for Primark.
Reports to: Head of Central Sourcing
- The role reports into the Head of Central Sourcing.
- The role involves attracting, developing and integrating new suppliers and production units for new and existing product categories for Primark.
- The role involves working with the regional Sourcing Offices to develop and integrate new factories with existing suppliers to support Primark capacity growth.
- The role involves scouting and developing new production territories as the Primark business requires; short lead time, long lead time, GSP and duty benefits, additional capacities and specific and ad hoc product sourcing requirements.
- The role requires engagement with the Buying Teams to introduce and validate the commercial opportunities new suppliers can present to Primark both in the context of new and existing products.
- The role involves working with the Ethical and QA/Technical Teams to understand and mitigate any potential new supplier ethical and quality issues as part of their on-boarding process.
- The role will involve extensive travel to existing and new sourcing territories as we examine new opportunities.
- The role will involve supporting the Head of Central Sourcing and the Head of Supplier Management in preparing for the B&M Partnership Quarterly meetings and supporting the delivery of the outputs from these meetings.
- The role will require attending individual supplier meetings in ARH/Reading House as required.
- The role will require extensive travel to Supplier Sourcing countries to visit suppliers and factories, showrooms and attend Sourcing Expos and fabric fairs.
- The role may involve management and involvement in strategic sourcing projects as the business deems necessary.
Essential knowledge, education, skills and experience:
- The successful candidate needs to have a strong commercial and operational background, and have extensive sourcing experience and needs to be comfortable managing and discussing multiple product categories.
- The successful candidate needs to have strong relationship and communication skills to liaise with Buying and Sourcing Teams and Suppliers.
- The successful candidate has to be resilient and motivated to continue to explore new and existing commercial opportunities and ensure to close out all product leads between Buying Team and Suppliers.
- The successful candidate has to have an appetite for extensive travel.
- As well as giving you a competitive salary, there’s a lively culture here, and it’s easy to get to know each other in a truly warm atmosphere. Plus, we’re well equipped for a healthy lifestyle with our own café, canteen, and gym.
- With the freedom to bring your ideas to life, you’ll feel at home in our fast-growing and fast-paced company.
- So, if you want to take the next step in your career, apply now.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status