Duration: 12 month FTC
Procurement play a key role in enabling Primark to deliver “Amazing Fashion at Amazing Prices” whilst supporting a significant store expansion programme and business transformation.
Procurement @ Primark look after “Goods not for resale” (GNFR) covering categories such as Supply Chain, Marketing, IT, Facilities Management, Retails Operations and Store Development.
Our team partners with the business to develop strategies to create competitive advantage for the business, with a focus on value creation, innovation and risk management.
The Procurement Business Partner – Store Development is a role partnering with our Store Development team, working across predominantly construction, fit out projects and shop fixtures and fittings. There is an urgent need to establish better control and visibility of suppliers who support Primark in this space.
Our portfolio is currently >380 stores over 15m sq. ft of sales space across 13 countries.
This role is reports to a member of the Procurement Leadership team and is accountable to create, develop and execute effective strategies to maximise commercial, sustainability and operational benefits from a subset of this spend category.
- Partner with the Store Development team to ensure that we have the right suppliers in place that deliver the right quality at the right price.
- Develop Category plans with design and store development teams
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, ensuring business alignment on critical objectives
- As part of “Smart Spend” cost out programme, identify opportunities for costs savings and work with the internal customers to get buy-in to deliver and regularly report against them.
- Ensure Store Development and Finance are aligned on project roll out.
- Identify risks to existing Primark Store Development supply chain and mitigate by sourcing alternative supplies.
- Provide market intelligence and market sourcing research for internal customers with
- recommendations on local versus global sourcing opportunities.
- Agree and include KPIs/SLAs in contracts
- Anticipate the future growth plans of the business and ensure that the category plans are setup to enable
Compliance and Governance
- Negotiate contracts with new and existing suppliers, ensuring contract terms achieve benefit to the organisation and govern the long-term relationships
- Working with our legal team to benchmark price structures across all regions to ensure value for money through the life of a contract.
- Create and distribute guidance on how to purchase items in the categories in scope to internal stakeholders to ensure category strategy is followed
- Identify and advise internal customers of commercial risks supply assurance issues and work to mitigate risk to protect Primark.
Contractual and Legal
- Ensure Primark is adequately legally protected and insured when undertaking all aspects of procurement
- Ensure compliance to contract approval policy via legal review and appropriate grant of authority for contracts and SOW’s
- Put in place contracts, framework and legal agreements for all suppliers in all countries.
- Ensure that all contractual arrangements adequately indemnify Primark and their insurers.
- Ensure legal frameworks and purchase orders are in place for all procurement activity.
- Actively champion sustainability and be conscious of Corporate Social Responsibility Policy.
- Be aware of the requirement for suppliers to comply with the Primark Code of Practice.
- Through category management, establish a robust supplier base that delivers the required quality, cost and service in compliance with Primark Ethical Trade Strategy.
- Deploy appropriate technological solutions to ensure efficiency and best use of leverage in new methods e.g.; eRFX, auctions.
- Maintain a current view of overall spends supplier data, market intelligence and best practice.
- Take leadership for personal development and development of new team members.
- E-sourcing and Systems
- Ensure events are scheduled, prepared and managed to deliver best value through our e –sourcing tool Scanmarket.
- Ensure compliance to Procurement systems policy, such as contract management systems and P2P
- Complexity – Internal, Spend and Supply Market
- Primarily partner with medium/high level complexity network of Manager, Head of Department and Director level Primark stakeholders across store design and development
- Effectively manage categories and sub-categories with a total spend of c£250m
- Set strategies and manage key sub-categories of store development/FM
- Establish effective relationships with senior supplier personnel of local, regional and global suppliers
- 3-5 years related experience in a similar Procurement Management role, with recent Store Development experience
- Subject matter expertise and market knowledge of Store Development and construction, preferably in retail
- Prove experience in country and Far East sourcing
- Demonstrated success in delivering multi-year strategies ensuring competitive commercial advantage
- Demonstrated ability to forge close business relationships with internal and external stakeholders at senior management levels
- Proven experience of working within fast-paced retail environment and matrixed organisations
- Proven track record of developing strategic partnerships with key suppliers
- Ability to meet deadlines and prepare regular reports to share progress and performance
- Expert knowledge of financial, legal contract negotiations, strong awareness of ethical sourcing and corporate social responsibility issues
PERSONAL, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Strong business acumen
- Collaborative and proactively engaging team member
- Curiosity with ability to drive change
- Self-motivated, focused and results orientated
- Driven achiever with proven track record