As Primark’s Sustainability Materials Specialist, you will report into the Head of Product Sustainability, you will be responsible for supporting the conversion of conventional raw materials to more sustainable alternatives. You will fully understand, Primark’s pricing position within the market and always consider this. You will work on multiple strategic projects across the business at the same time while working closely with buying category focus groups, always supporting the teams with your sustainability knowledge and experience. As an integral part of the sourcing team you will drive project goals alongside colleagues within the environmental sustainability team and the sourcing team while building close relationships with our supply base partners.
You will engage with multiple stakeholders across the organisation and ensure that Primark Cares products are adhering to the Primark Cares product protocols.
- As an inherently cross-functional role, you will create close relationships with internal and external stake holders, particularly with buying teams and suppliers to align on sustainable business priorities.
- Develop training materials on sustainable materials and embed Primark Cares protocols with the buying teams and the supply base.
- Facilitate sustainability related training for co-workers and suppliers.
- You will be responsible, working with the buying teams, to ensure that all Primark Cares Branded product adheres to Primark Protocols to fall into this category.
- You will work with the brand team to give advice on Primark Cares wording and ensure that Primark Cares branding is never misleading for Primark’s customers.
- Always understanding Primark’s Price position in the market – achieving change with minimal margin exposure, always, ensuring any margin impacts are highlighted.
- Guide external partners especially suppliers to convert raw materials to sustainable alternatives in line with Primark Cares protocols.
Knowledge, Capabilities and Experience
- Passionate about sustainability.
- Leadership – comfortable leading people in the team, drive sustainable solutions and develop clear road maps on how to implement sustainable solutions.
- Effective and Inspiring networker – we rely on people with agile mindsets, talking to each other to identify opportunities.
- Indebt knowledge of product manufacturing processes and raw material sources.
- Indebt knowledge of certification processes and certification bodies within the textile industry.
- Can do attitude, is methodical in their approach and can demonstrate results.
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in sustainability with a very clear focus on certification of sustainable materials.
- Alternatively, at least 5 years’ experience on product manufacturing.
- You will have a proven track record of successfully working across departments and influencing positive change.
- Internal candidates – will showcase how they have implements sustainable change within their divisions in the last year.
Why work for Primark:
At Primark, we know how hard everyone works to achieve our business goals. Having a competitive salary is our way of acknowledging this. We’ll also provide you with a progressive career path, because clear advancement is what we’re all about at Primark. We’ll encourage you to network and plan your own development – and we’ll give you lots of training, whether it’s in house or on courses, to help you achieve your ambition’s. Your Day Your Way at Primark means you get to choose when to start and finish your workday. Chose to work remotely if you like, in a way that suits you but also helps us get the most out of your talents.