This is role is part of the Talent and Development Leadership Team and will play a critical role in helping to drive a progressive Talent and Development strategy in support of real business problems.
In this role, you’ll be providing performance consulting support, diagnosing needs and identifying proposed solutions to meet the capability needs of our people. You’ll be accountable for delivering solutions from onboarding and fundamental business skills, with the aim of creating an engaging and memorable colleague experience. You’ll initially focus on our central functions and Commercial client groups, however you will also gain exposure to the business challenges within our Retail business too.
With no day the same, you’ll have the responsibility for leading a team to help you deliver on an ambitious agenda. You’ll be generous with your knowledge and time and enjoy seeing others grow from your guidance, coaching and mentoring along the way.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Build the necessary capabilities for Primark to win by providing fit-for-purpose learning experiences to ensure people’s skills remain relevant and forward-looking. The core focus of initial deliverable around the onboarding and core business professional skills.
• Collaborate with and manage stakeholder relationships to understand performance gaps in relation to key business priorities and lead the creation and development of learning and enablement solutions that drive the success across a range of client groups.
• Design and continuously improve Primark’s learning experiences using an array of approaches that engage learners and drive high-impact learning, working collaboratively with global cross-functional teams.
• Understand how colleague skill development drives enhanced performance and results for key business priorities; translate into core skills learning experiences tailored to support specific needs.
• Create and enhance high-impact onboarding solutions for new hires, working with internal partners to provide a comprehensive onboarding experience for both the learner and their leader.
• Plan, design and assist in execution of engagement / reinforcement strategies to drive a blended and ongoing learning lifecycle.
• Identifying clear outcomes that meet business needs finding the right measures to benchmark project success and ROI.
• Partner with the business and learning solutions design team to deliver end to end solution design from envisioning workshops through to creation and delivery of solutions.
• Design digital learning pathways, content and assets to address specific capability areas for our global workforce via Primark’s Learning and content partners.
• Significant experience developing solutions for all aspects of capability including technical and behavioural skills within a complex global environment.
• Collaborate with business SME’s to diagnose the performance impacts as it relates to the skills, capabilities and behaviours.
• Conduct regular external research to identify best practise, emerging innovations & new ideas. Identify trends and build knowledge, data and competitive intelligence to develop creative, customised strategies.
• Develop holistic learning experience journeys that are intuitive, relevant and delight our audiences in the process.
• Build, manage and implement the roadmap of planned solution activity prioritised by both impact on learner experience and ease of implementation.
• Continuously test and track learning journeys and propositions to ensure they are driving the correct behaviour and delivering optimal user experience results.
• Finalize competitive contracts and terms with third party content providers to best suit Primark needs.
• Identify training specialists and content to develop and deliver specific development programs based on internal and external standard methodology
Skills and experience:
• Advanced consulting and performance support experience with the ability to translate business needs and priorities into deliverable learning objectives.
• Extensive experience of developing an academy framework with experience of designing and implementing learning experiences, programs, platforms and tools.
• Customer-centric with a seasoned ability to confidently communicate with all levels of leadership.
• Advanced program and change management skills required to implement/execute multiple high-priority, high-visibility projects on time and within budget.
• Advanced experience in data collection and analysis for business impact reporting.
• Advanced proficiency in presenting and facilitating to internal/external groups with varying audience sizes and leadership levels.
• Experience of a geographically and cultural diverse employee base, experience in working with global teams and understanding cultural sensitivities is critical.
• Ability to work in a team environment to design, develop and build blended learning solutions.
• Autonomous and remains up to date on the latest innovations and best-practices in learning and talent development solution design.
• Experience of implementing modern learning modalities including game-based learning, simulations and immersive scenarios requiring multiple branching elements, strongly preferred
• Proven experience collaborating with subject matter experts, global stakeholders, and managers in an environment with short deadlines and high business impact.
• Extensive experience with both consulting on and designing high quality learning experiences/campaigns.
• Demonstrable knowledge of andragogical principles, including but not limited to Blooms Taxonomy and Kirkpatrick Model frameworks.
• Working knowledge of Agile, Lean & Design Thinking Principles.
Work flexibly, and travel as required to offices in all regions in order to be fully effective in this position.
• Working knowledge of tools for virtual workshop experiences: Zoom, MS Teams, G-Suite, WebEx, Miro, Mural and interactive platforms like Mentimatre/Kahoot.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, age or any other diversity factors. Please inform your recruiter if you would like to request an accommodation within the application and interview process. All information disclosed with be kept confidential