Purpose of role: You will be working in a high performing team to support the business on all aspects of corporation tax within the centralised tax function for the group based in Dublin
Reports to: Tax Manager – Corporate Tax & Transfer Pricing
- Support the Manager and the tax team with the corporation tax compliance cycle and ensure that all requested information is provided to external advisors in order to prepare local tax returns in a timely manner. Review draft tax returns and related documents to support tax manager with tax return finalisation.
- Work closely with the Financial Reporting team on the preparation and review of tax charges and tax notes/disclosures for all statutory financial statements.
- Support tax reporting to our shareholder, ABF plc, for budget, forecasts and year-end ensuring accuracy and timeliness of information provided.
- Prepare information for the group’s auditors at half year and year-end.
- Review and instruct relevant tax payments on account to tax authorities in a timely manner.
- Keep up to date with changes in tax law and practice across all jurisdictions that may be relevant to Primark.
- Engage positively with tax advisors and authorities in all jurisdictions to continue to develop Primark’s good reputation.
- Prepare filings and documentation for compliance with transfer pricing obligations.
- Liaise with external advisors on fees and raise purchase orders for payments to advisors.
- Prepare and post period end accruals for various taxes.
- Supporting the tax manager with tax audits across all countries.
- Assist in ensuring proper books and records are held for tax purposes in all jurisdictions and are in accordance with local tax requirements.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- Tax qualification (AITI, CTA or equivalent)
- Accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA, CPA or equivalent) desirable
- 3+ years relevant experience (preferably in a retail environment)
- Highly organised, detail-oriented, possessing the ability to effectively prioritise projects and deliverables whilst meeting deadlines set by management.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule for self and team and work within agreed timescales.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to analyse and interrogate high volumes of data as well as demonstrating an ability to focus on higher level overview.
- Proven ability in managing sensitive matters whilst ensuring all Primark information remains confidential to the business.
- Be a collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal/communication skills, while demonstrating high levels of emotional intelligence and possess the ability to push back with professionalism.
- Proven ability in developing effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation.
- Operates with a high level of integrity, diplomacy, tact and professionalism.
- Effective and persuasive presentation skills, including the ability to present complex information in an understandable manner to all areas of the business.
- Sound judgement, unquestionable ethics and integrity with high degree of transparency and trust
- Commercial awareness with ability to demonstrate a sound knowledge of wider business factors
- Have strong financial and analytical acumen as well as excellent Project Management and communication skills.
- Self-motivated, proactive with a strong work ethic.