Tech Our Way.
Primark Technology is about to embark on a transformation journey to support business strategy which includes modernising our operating model as well as technology architecture. As our Tech Performance Manager, you will ensure that practices within Technology comply with defined policies and procedures and have the associated controls required. You will have the opportunity to promote efficient practices by reviewing processes and recommending improvements as well as ensuring department has adequate technology and system controls to meet the Technology objectives.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establish and operate governance for all Technology Services and facilitate the control metrics, dashboard reports that are required to support the management and delivery of Technology Services.
- Build, retain and develop the Tech Performance function and team including people management of risk, audit and controls specialists and analysts.
- Coordination of stakeholder and sponsor communications including tracking and reporting on portfolio status to Tech leadership, stakeholders and sponsors.
- Providing accurate collection, analysis, production and presentation of performance reports for stakeholder review, and striving for continual improvements in performance metrics.
- Manage all aspects of change control and risk oversight for the technology portfolio.
- Work with IT functional teams to ensure technology initiatives are managed and maintained; develop executive level presentations of the portfolio budget.
- Provide quality assurance ensuring that initiatives are being well managed and adhering to appropriate standards and good practice.
- Aligning the performance of the technology through operational restructuring to improve the earnings and cashflow within the organisation.
Skills & Experience:
- 8+ years of experience in performance management and the strategic and operational implementation on performance management principles
- Significant evidenced experience in developing and driving a portfolio of technology initiatives for effective delivery of IT governance within a complex organisation.
- Experience in portfolio, program and/or project management with a successful project management track record in full life cycle information technology implementation projects, with proven record of execution to time and budge
- An appropriate degree, equivalent qualification or experience
- Successful candidates will:
- Be a passionate and visionary technologist able to inspire others to challenge and disrupt the current reality to co-create a compelling technology-orientated future business by;
- Being able to scan potential technologies (established, emerging and emergent)
- Finding ways to translate that into business opportunities
- And most importantly of all, able to take people along with you, empowering new ways of working and successfully executing on those opportunities
- Demonstrable experience in managing complex relationships
- Expertise in project/programme management and associated tools and techniques for both Agile and Waterfall delivery
- Ability to understand, support and articulate complex Business change processes, data-sets and governance
- Experience of managing budgets and business cases
Why work with us?
At Primark, we know how hard everyone works to achieve our business goals. Having a competitive salary and annual bonus scheme is our way of acknowledging this. We'll also provide you with a progressive career path, because clear advancement is what we’re all about at Primark
Our flexible working benefit, Your Day Your Way, means you get to choose when to start and finish your workday. Choose to work remotely if you like, in a way that suits you but also helps us get the most out of your talents. There’s a lively culture here, and it’s easy to get to know each other in a truly warm atmosphere.