If you’re an undergraduate looking for a 12 month placement before you head back to university for your final year, we’d love to hear from you. If you’re in your last year at university or have already graduated, head back to the careers website to find other roles across the business.
Because you’ll make the difference
Ready to own your career in an ever-growing fashion hub? Then take on a Primark placement starting in Summer 2024. This is your chance to grab valuable experience in a global company that truly feels like a family. You’ll have real projects with real autonomy. You’ll get to know incredible experts who make our fashion a reality. And you’ll gain off-the-scale exposure, making a huge impact for our customers and your future. Want it? Then own it on our undergraduate placement programme.
Because you matter
People are at the heart of what we do, so it’s essential that we provide you with the right environment to perform at your very best. We offer benefits that put you first:
- Pay rate: Generous EUR 30,000 salary
- Development: A 12 month development programme which kicks off with our Freshers Week
- Balance: Our ‘Your Day, Your Way’ approach means you can finish up at 2pm every Friday if you’ve done your 37.5 hours that week
- Discounts: Use your in-store colleague discount across our fabulous range
- Support: Explore our well-being initiatives and Employee Assistance Programme, Let’s Talk. As well as mentorship to get the most out of your year
- Holiday: Enjoy 27 days holiday on top of the Bank Holidays
And if you need to relocate to Dublin for the role:
- We’ll support you with: flights at the start and end of your placement, an additional gross relocation allowance of EUR 1000 in your first month pay to help get you settled in, a bundle of homeware so you don’t have to pack your duvet and pillows and a travel allowance to support with your travel over the holiday season. We’ll also support you opening a bank account and registering for tax and social security in Ireland.
- Not sure where to live? Primark currently partner with Highfield House, student accommodation. You will have the option to stay at Highfield House and if you do, Primark will generously contribute towards 25% of your total annual rent and cover your deposit!
About the placement
You don’t watch from the sidelines around here — you get stuck in. Through hands-on experience and responsibility from the get-go, you’ll gain a vast insight into how our business works and contribute to it from day one. Inspiring, supportive colleagues will make you feel welcome and valued. And we’ll also help you to develop your skill set and grow your potential through supported learning with on-the-job training, masterclasses, and an assigned buddy.
What you’ll need
Whether your degree is in Fashion Design, Graphic Design or Textile Design – you'll show us a creative portfolio that we wish was ours. You’ll want to drive newness every single time, and you’ll thrive from meeting deadlines and shifting priorities. Of course, you’ll be happy to handle your own projects with the support of others, whether you’re hand-drawing or working directly on the Mac.
If you’re a creative multitasker who can put their ideas across to others, and you have working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign, the Primark placement in Design is the perfect fit for you.
What you’ll do
You’ll help research and design a commercial range, from considering new techniques and fabrics, to finding out about, and then adapting the latest trends into Primark handwriting. It’s your chance to create typographically strong graphics and prints alongside our Design team and develop garment shape design.
You’ll gain an understanding of our products over time, but there will be detail too — you’ll follow briefs carefully, track amends and prepare design files for meetings with suppliers and more.
Why should you apply?
In Primark, we’ve always said everyone’s invited and we’re committed to making everyone feel safe and comfortable to be themselves. We believe that a diverse, inclusive, and accessible environment elevates us all, and enables creative ideas and collaboration to flourish. Because when we work together, we can accomplish so much more.
And yes, this place moves fast, and it’s growing even faster but we’re committed to providing the best, and most socially and environmentally ethical fashion that’s affordable for everyone. Primark Cares is our commitment to reducing fashion waste, halving our carbon footprint, and improving the lives of the people who make our products.
This placement has real impact, you could even see the results of your work, out on the shop floor! Make your CV look amazing and if you wow us, there could be a permanent job up for grabs when you graduate.
Isn’t it time you put theory into practice? We think so. Apply now for a Primark placement and start owning your journey.
Closing date: Friday 10th November 2023. We reserve the right to close the application window early should we receive sufficient applications