The role holder will be part of the People Systems Programme Team to deliver a full People Systems and end to end solution in Primark’s new & existing markets.
The New & Existing Markets Programme includes the rollout of People Systems (Workday, Workforce Management (WFM), Payroll and associated integrations) in 4 new countries in Central & Eastern Europe between 2021 and end 2023. It also includes the implementation of Workday, WFM and associated integrations in Belgium, Austria and Germany within the same timeframe. It is an exciting Programme within Primark to be part of.
As the Technical, Functional and Business Process expert for Workday, this role holder is responsible for ensuring that the application configuration and business processes work as designed and acts as the escalation point for significant configuration or process issues within the Programme, bringing issue resolution and solution development.
The role will be responsible for leading on the design, development and hypercare support of the Workday functionality across the New and Existing Markets Programme. The role holder will manage the Workday analyst(s) on the team and work closely with Integrations, WFM and Payroll teams, Primark’s implementation Partners and the local P&C/HR teams utilizing the application.
Reports to: People Systems Programme/Project Manager
Role Type: Permanent
- Technical, functional and business process expert across the HRIS platform they support. (Workday)
- Validate that the Workday system configuration completed by Primark’s implementation Partner is configured in line with best practices, taking into consideration both the global processes and the country specific legal requirements.
- Facilitate design workshops with the country P&C, Implementation Partners and Payroll to gather and document Workday business requirements and provide inputs into the Implementation Partner’s design workbooks.
- Work closely with Primark’s Implementation Partner on Workday deployment and support activities.
- Collaborate with the Project Business Analyst(s) and other key stakeholders (e.g. P&C, Integrations, Payroll and WFM Teams) to accurately capture and document the Workday Business Requirements for the relevant Primark countries.
- Drive the design, configuration and deployment of Workday system enhancements in scope for the countries within the Change Management governance framework.
- Escalation point for process or configuration issues raised by programme colleagues and P&C end users
- Leverage business knowledge and expertise to identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Testing phase; support the testing activities by contributing to the development and review/sign off of the Requirements Traceability Matrix and test scripts to ensure full test coverage to verify the solution works as designed. Participate in daily defect triage meetings
- Support the Workday user acceptance testing with local P&C and other key users.
- Training & Communications; Responsible for the preparation and translation of training materials and scenarios, coordinating with the Translation Partner, and the scheduling and delivering training to P&C.
- Reporting; Ensure reporting requirements are documented, customizations are delivered and tested pre- go live.
- Go- live/ hypercare:
- Responsible for supporting Workday cut over and hypercare activities after go live.
- Support the Implementation Partner with creation of functional and technical systems documentation.
- Troubleshoot and resolve configuration issues
- Work closely with Project Manager to support Existing Markets Works Council activities required to gain approval for Workday application pre go live.
- Keep up to date with Workday application technical and functional changes and improvements.
- Manage and mentor the Workday analyst(s) on the team.
- Workday Certified and system configuration experienced.
- ITIL Certified
- 3+ years relevant HR Application support experience (implementer or customer roles)
- Excellent technical and trouble shooting skills
- Strong communicator – ability to navigate and work with people at all levels, internationally.
- Good working knowledge of MS Word, Excel , Outlook and PowerPoint
- Ability to lead mini projects, work streams and carry out development work
- Attention to detail and accuracy are essential
- Strong interpersonal skills - diplomatic, discreet, trustworthy and have the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with all levels both within the organisation and in the external environment.
- Previous system configuration and management of Workday Merit and Bonus plans an advantage.
- Previous experience of working with international end users and customers is desired.
- Previous experience in working in the retail industry is an advantage.