I started in Peckham as a weekend Retail Assistant in 2002, working on the shoe department.Read more
What you'll do
Service with a smile
Buying clothes should be a pleasure. So whether you work full time, part time or weekends, your big, natural smile will go a long way.
You’ll give customers your time, helping them in any way you can to feel and look good – whether that’s finding the clothes they want, advising on an outfit or suggesting something else.
Nothing will be too much trouble… which is why customers will remember you.
Keeping everything moving
It’s fast and frenetic, but fun at Primark. People love quality at affordable prices, so expect to be busy!
You’ll keep the queues moving and make sure everything runs smoothly, so when customers have found their perfect outfit they can get home to try it on ASAP.
There will be bags to do, but if you love a varied, action-packed job, this is for you.
Passion for customers
You’ll get to know our customers, keep stock tidy so they can find what they want and provide great service.
Strong work ethic
There’ll always be something to do and you’ll be on the go from the first minute. Got the energy for it?
Eye for fashion
Our customers love fashion. You’ll share their enthusiasm and be able to offer an opinion.
Rewards and benefits
Variety of shifts to suit you
Training to develop your skills
Fast-paced, fun culture
Reasons to join
Lewys has a trusted, responsible cash office job at weekends and does overtime on the shop floor on weekdays. It puts some decent money in his pocket.Read more
Sandra in accessories shares our customers’ passion for fashion. And from bags to necklaces and scarves, she makes sure our products catch their eye.Read more
Learn more about Primark
Visual Merchandising Retail assistant - Job description
To be the ambassador for visual merchandising within store. Act as a coach providing hands on training, inspire and offering creative solutions across all levels to maximise sales and deliver an outstanding customer experience
- Ensure that all campaigns are launched in a timely and effective manner as instructed by company guidelines and in line with instructions from VM Manager / Store Manager
- Support and coach VM assistants to deliver excellence in our windows
- Understand and share latest trends (social & local market) ensuring this is reflected in mannequin product selection and styling
- Support all visual merchandising layouts ensuring they positively impact on the customer journey throughout the store
- Knowledgeable of product range, equipment, stock density and linear efficiencies to influence decision making in store
- Implement the Store of Excellence standard within your store
- Communicate information on trends, key lines and visual principles
- Work with VM / Retail teams to ensure information required is delivered concisely and within agreed timeframe
- Managing the POS allocations and ensuring the department managers are adhering to company guidelines
- Work with store management teams to plan and influence floor moves
- Support and coach the VM team to liaise with store management to ensure effective stock maintenance relating to VM displays (planning, awareness of stock availability and ordering systems)
- Work closely with VM contractors to ensure a consistent, cost effective approach is taken at the highest standard on all implementation.
- Support cost control initiatives (POS allocations, equipment fit for purpose and secure etc.)
- Develop the Visual Team to support Retail and Central Visual Merchandising function
- Deliver training on corporate initiatives and VM principles in store
- Motivate and drive the team to deliver excellent results
- Manage upwards effectively whilst maintaining relationships and discretion at all levels
- Strong ability to influence and build relationships at all levels
- Creative and inspirational
- Customer focused
- Commercially focused and sales driven
- Loves fashion and awareness of latest trends
- Genuine Love of the Primark brand
- Strong communication, listening and coaching skills
- Ability to effectively manage people and prioritise workloads
- Self-motivated, taking ownership of own personal development
- Adopts a hands on approach as necessary
- 1 year VM experience in supervisory role
- Qualified to GCSE level (or equivalent) in Mathematics, English and Art
- Customer Focus
- Proactively meets the expectations of Primark customers
- Makes time to understand the fundamental needs of Primark customers and puts in place methods to get an in-depth understanding of the market
- Coaches others to adopt the customer’s perspective
- Builds trust and respect among fellow team members and accepts group decisions, values the input and know-how of other team members
- Willingly accepts responsibility for the whole team, identifies areas of potential conflict within the team and takes action to resolve them
- Communicates regularly and confidently in an appropriate format and style
- Written and spoken work contributions are clear and concise
- Pays attention to detail and ensures own work is error free. Seeks to improve the quality of own output
- Regularly reviews own work to ensure it is to the standards which are required for the role
- Responds positively to feedback about their attention to quality
- Breaks things down logically into smaller parts to identify the basic requirements, makes comparisons and weigh up options
- Checks that data is accurate
- Identifies patterns, trends and missing information and applies past experience to identify potential benefits or problems
- Works in an organised manner, manages workload efficiently so that required tasks are done at the right time and with accuracy
- Manages own time effectively, understands and prioritises which tasks need to be done first in line with team objectives and avoids wasting time
- Creates a goal focused culture by encouraging innovative thinking to achieve goals more effectively
- Encourages others to exceed goals and monitors long term goals for self and direct reports (where applicable)
- Consistently look for ways of doing things more efficiently and ensures changes are captured and disseminated, so that they bring long term business benefits
- Delivers what is required to get the job done to required standard and on time.
- Takes pride in their work and makes an effort to avoid inefficiency
- Active interest in personal development, recognising own strengths and weaknesses and areas for improvement
- Takes responsibility for ensuring own development needs are reviewed and met. Seeks and responds to feedback
- Spends time training and coaching teams