To ensure that all queries from suppliers and service providers logged with the Customs Admin Outlook account are answered within the 24-hour target turnaround time. Where this is not possible, manage expectations and/or escalate as appropriate.
- To identify issues arising from queries to Customs Admin that require wider consideration, including changes to systems.
- To design, produce and disseminate the daily, weekly and monthly reports required by different stakeholders, both internal and external.
- To maintain TariffTel EU and US, including Q&A functionality, for suppliers and service providers. To undertake new supplier set up on TariffTel and to maintain supplier master data on SIV for the online invoicing process.
- To process US and CZ brokerage lists and maintain US record keeping for customs purposes.T
- To undertake all actions required to complete the ICT process, from TariffTel completion through to completion of documents and export summaries.
- To ensure that goods destined for the Canary Islands are classified correctly.
- To create POs for the Customs team.
- To train new starters in B&M on relevant customs issues.
- Attend meetings and conference calls to represent the Customs Admin team, including Keyline supplier meetings.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- Ability to communicate with others both verbally and written.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Able to work in a team and on own initiative.
- Good decision maker.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Experience of working in a customs/supply chain Admin role.
- Experience using Microsoft Office programmes, e.g. Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint etc.
- Experience of SIV desirable.
- Openness to change.
- Good listener with an ability to extract key information.
- Attention to detail.
- Act in a professional manner at all times.
- Energetic and enthusiastic.
- Driven to develop themselves.
- Be able to engage with people around them.
- Flexible and Adaptable.
- Target driven.