Purpose of role:Delivers a proactive, cost efficient, customer focused MHE management service within our 7 depots in Europe and in the USA
Reports to: Head of Central Supply Chain
Based: Islip, Northants, with travel
- Provide management, advice and support to the operational teams at our in-house depot in Islip and across all third party and in-house operations in regards to MHE and any other handling equipment.
- Manage and design the mechanical handling equipment and subsequent ongoing management in conjunction with the operations team.
- Researches the industry for developments and products to introduce into the business to enable a sustainable cost effective, energy efficient, environmental and Health & Safety engineering solution.
- Work with the Supply Chain Development Team to ensure we leverage and standardise support and maintenance contracts across all operations.
- Management of the Supply Chain MHE asset register ensuring that all maintenance records are kept up to date.
- Work with the Primark Store Development FM and EHS teams to share best practice and leverage opportunities across the wider Primark business.
- Supports the Logistics Operations team in the adherence to all company, legislative processes and procedures for colleagues and external contractors, including Health and Safety, Safe Working Practices and Environment.
Knowledge, skills experience:
- Experience of working in with MHE in a fast paced environment
- Good knowledge of Health & Safety requirements.
- Managed and design of mechanical handling equipment.
- Advanced IT skills to include MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint are essential
- Attention to detail and accuracy are essential
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills - diplomatic, discreet, trustworthy and have the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with all levels both within the organisation and in the external environment.
- A flexible approach to work and be capable of handling multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- Excellent all round problem solving, & influencing skill
- Ability to use own initiative
- A commercially focused manager with strong negotiation skills
- Be proactive & assertive reacting to key business requirements in a timely manner
- European travel required
- Strong FM / Industrial / Logistics background, with a minimum 5 years in a relevant field
- Good knowledge of all legal requirements relating to building and equipment compliance
- Knowledge of European legislation desirable
- Ability to work cross functionally across multiple stakeholders
- Be proficient in managing contractor relationships
- Mechanical or electrical qualification
- Proven track record of delivering results and driving continuous improvement
We are fully committed to supporting people with a disability in applying for our vacancies. If you have a disability and require support throughout the recruitment process you can contact us here disABILITY@primark.co.uk and let us know what adjustments you may need.