Packaging and Compliance Co-ordinator
Purpose of role:
To support and assist with packaging and compliance management across our vast supplier base.
Packaging & Compliance Manager
Remote Working / Islip
As part of our continued commitment to deliver “Amazing Fashion and Amazing Prices”, the smooth and efficient flow of goods through our supply chain is essential. Primark require a Packaging and Compliance Assistant to support with all aspects of transit packaging and Supplier compliance to our packaging and delivery requirements. The successful candidate will develop a detailed end-to-end understanding of product movement through our Supply Chain, engaging with stakeholders all the way from factory to shop floor. In particular they will have regular collaboration with Suppliers, Freight Managers, Depots, B&M, Quality, Sourcing, Environmental, Procurement and key colleagues in the Supply Chain team.
They will gain an in-depth understanding of transit packaging and support not only with improving efficiencies to minimise end-to-end cost and maximise speed, but also support workstreams focussing on packaging material sustainability, as part of the Primark Cares initiative.
- Management of Supplier, Buyer and Merchandiser general enquiries relating to packaging/compliance
- Management of non-conformance reporting from depots. Analysis of data and proactive actions including creation of scorecards/dashboards, contacting and meeting Suppliers (or Freight Managers) who are causing the issues. Ongoing training of depot inbound/compliance colleagues, and regular feedback to the depots on relevant packaging and compliance developments via a newsletter/noticeboard
- Developing and updating guidelines on packaging and delivery standards best practice, with key focus on efficiency and sustainability
- Managing periodic updates to the Supply Chain Handbook for Suppliers, working cross-functionally within Supply Chain to gather and compile updates into a central document and arrange for it to be issued to the Supply base.
- Barcode Project Support to suppliers, vendors and building robust system knowledge
- Carton Optimisation Programme - training support, daily maintenance of TPS data, managing packaging escalations, creating supplier scorecards and contacting non-compliant suppliers
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- Ability to write SOP’s, Work Instructions and training guides
- Ideally experience in fashion supply chain, particularly a packaging, technical/quality or logistics role
- Ability to use own initiative
- Strong IT skills to include MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint are essential. Ability to quickly learn how to use additional software and reporting programmes would be useful.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy are essential
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Including an understanding of cultural differences and able to adapt communication style accordingly
- Experience and confidence to present and deliver training to large groups of people
- Ability to identify and challenge Suppliers when they are not adhering to set standards
- Able to manage conflict with strong resilience and good negotiating and influencing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills - diplomatic, discreet, trustworthy and have the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with all levels
- A flexible approach to work and be capable of handling multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent all-round problem solving, & influencing skill
- Highly organised, detail-oriented, and possess the ability to forward plan and anticipate issues
- Persuasive communicator who listens and understands stakeholders & supplier issues
- Is comfortable working under own initiative or as part of a multi-functional team
- Proven ability in developing effective working relationships across all levels.
- Operates with a high level of integrity, and is sensitive to cultural differences across regions