Purpose of role:
Support business operations through development of existing and new Supply Chain systems. Involvement in all stages of project lifecycle, from solution design through testing to implementation and on-going support.
Operations Excellence & Business Systems Manager, Supply Chain
Islip – this role will require extensive travel.
• Development of site specific and generic WMS configuration to support depot operations
• Management of functional accesses, and related controls to ensure appropriate colleague access to functionality
• Support development teams in definition of new business process and system configuration, on project by project basis
• Manage configuration change through development and maintenance of Solution Design Specifications to ensure, changes and specific configuration is clearly documented
• Work with Primark ICT and other 3rd party partners to define configurations changes and manage structured releases through release notes
• Provide systems support as required around project implementation to ensure code/configuration releases land with no site disruption
• Develop and maintain full understanding of site systems applications and associated peripherals
• Develop and maintain understanding of key data flows to and from key Supply Chain applications (WMS/TMS/RMS/WCS automated solutions, etc)
• SQL/Other Query writing experience to access operational data to support Continuous improvement activity
• Project Support
• Application Support
• System Testing
• Manage System administration – data configuration, rule setup, access levels etc
• Support management and document change control process.
• Interface to IT Department for 3rd party support escalations
• Act as SME for Supply chain applications
• Manage change requests through user requirements, specification, development, testing documentation updates & implementation
• IS implementation of new phase developments, covering re-platforming of WMS solution as required
• Work within operational and project teams to support Supply Chain development activity
Operational Processes, System processes, Procedures & Project Delivery:
• Respond to escalations and provide site support as needed
• Identify robust ways of working to keep processes simple to understand and execute on a day to day basis
• Process review/ Process improvement knowledge and experience
• Understand voice dialogue and RF devices and how these can support operational improvement
• Training & documentation – define requirement for & then facilitate creation and maintenance of required IT documentation
• Delivery of appropriate IT Training
Monitoring and Measuring
• Support provision of ad hoc data requests from SC systems
• Ensure that SOPs clearly articulate operator process with inclusion of features and work around documentation where necessary.
• Work with project team and operational managers to deliver ‘right first time’ solutions
• Develops effective relationships & foster positive working relationships, is sensitive to cultural differences.
• Support super users and others in development of their system understanding
Knowledge, skills & experience:
• Experience of solution design and Warehouse implementation projects
• Detailed understanding of WMS configuration (ideally JDA 2009.1 Discrete)
• Familiar with Voice/RF watch script or voice dialogue
• Familiar with automated/integrated solutions to WMS applications
• Thorough knowledge of warehousing and distribution systems and techniques.
• Experience on SQL and XML basic query logic
• Supply Chain Application Knowledge (WMS/TMS/RMS/Automation)
• Strong Process knowledge and understanding across logistics
• Rigorous and analytical approach to problem solving with the ability to operate under pressure in a fast moving environment
• Ability to deliver robust and sustainable process improvement solutions
• Good communication skills, with ability to frame ideas and concepts in easily understandable terms