Purpose of Role:
The Central Supply Chain Team is accountable for critical activities like planning, data & analytics, operational excellence, Supply Chain business systems development and supporting the realisation of Primark’s Supply Chain vision.
As a Supply Chain Development Analyst, you will be responsible for supporting the Development Team by providing them with data analysis, insights and recommendations.
Reports to: Network Planning and MIS Manager
Based: Hybrid Working: Mainly WFH. Office location: Islip or Reading
- Be part of a team that shapes our long-term direction through collaboration and analytical insights
- Collect and analyse data from a variety of sources
- Learn and develop technical and analytical skills required to deliver insights to the Development Team
- Model and present scenarios for internal and external review
- Maintain data sets with a high level of integrity
- Undertake a variety of administrative tasks and ad-hoc analysis as required
- Support the maintenance and development of a digital model of Primark’s Supply Chain network
Knowledge, skills, experience:
- Familiar with logistics operations within a FMCG environment
- An aptitude and passion for insights through analytics
- Knowledge of BI platforms, such as Tableau or Power BI would be desirable. Training will be provided.
- Knowledge of data manipulation tools such as Alteryx or Power Query would be desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced use of Microsoft Excel and a working knowledge of SQL is beneficial
The ideal individual will:
- Be curious and pragmatic with the desire to develop their toolkit
- Have an aptitude to learn and be confident in their own abilities
- Have experience of data analysis techniques, statistical methods and exposure to scenario modelling
- Have strong analytical and numerical skills
- Be able to communicate with the support of clear data visualisations
- Have strong interpersonal skills to influence and collaborate with others
- Be able to challenge to ensure that we are improving our processes and measuring the right data
- Never be satisfied and always promote continuous improvement
- Be comfortable and thrive when dealing with large numbers and data sets
- At all times, act in a professional manner and respect confidentiality