Purpose of role:
Reporting to the Programme Manager the role holder will develop and strengthen our project management and governance approaches to enhance project planning, execution and driving an agenda that drives business benefits.
It is anticipated that as well as being responsible for regular core reporting and governance development that the individual will also be involved and take full ownership of discrete smaller work packages associated with some of the ‘in flight’ and ‘pipeline’ projects.
Reports to: Programme Manager – Supply Chain
Based: Islip / Reading – with travel as appropriate
Duration: Permanent Role
- Updating weekly reporting of project status updates onto the company programme platform.
- Following migration to the new project ways of working develop and deliver training to the Supply Chain Project Manager community
- Undertake the role of ‘Subject Matter Expert’ for the new project application
- Create and maintain an overview of our projects that allows for better understanding the status of individual initiatives, key ICT touchpoints and undertaking and determining better resource planning through proactive identification of conflicts, synergies etc
- Using the outputs of the Planview tool, create weekly project reviews between Programme Manager and Supply Chain PM’s
- Act as the conduit between the ICT Programme Office and the Transformation Office in terms of ensuring full alignment and adherence to the project approval process in line for capital and non-recurring revenue expenditure
- Work with the Supply Chain PM community to ensure that all PM’s are collating and updating RAID logs within their respective projects and through working in a collaborative manner ensure that these are ‘living’ and relevant tools
- Assisting with the compilation of Project Briefs, High Level Feasibility Studies and Business Cases in line with functional governance structures and those of the Transformation Office
- To collaborate with the Supply Chain Finance Manager to roll out the process of periodic reviews of project financial status to the supply chain teams.
- To collaborate with the Supply Chain Analyst team to develop our modelling resources so as they can be used to determine the effect of proposed project outcomes on the wider business.
- To work with the Programme Manager on determining ‘Best Practice’ approaches to repeatable processes / activities based on what has been captured during the stages of our Supply Chain projects. Cascade these learnings into a digestible and relevant format to the PM community
- To undertake ad hoc analytical tasks as requested by the Programme Manager / Head of Development including cradle to grave reviews of processes
- Under the guidance of respective PM’s take full responsibility for specific work packages on development owned projects to enable experience, competence and credibility to be developed for the individual.
- To deputise for the programme and project managers as required at meetings etc.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Relationship builder, both internally and externally with strong influencing skills
- Demonstrable experience of producing, easy to understand documents with useful commentary to facilitate decision-making by senior colleagues
- Able to construct and interrogate data to support decision making
- An ability to work under pressure
- Able to work in a team and on own initiative
- Cultural awareness, sensitivity and confidentiality
- Be able to make sensible, logical and appropriate decisions
- Excellent problem solving, strategic thinking and planning skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Have experience of working in a Systems / Warehouse Admin / Analytical role
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programmes including Excel, Word, Project and PowerPoint.
The ideal individual will:
- Be both curious and pragmatic with the desire to develop themselves
- Be resilient, flexible and open to change
- Have good listening skills and take direction well
- Act in a professional and discrete manner
- Be energetic and enthusiastic
- Be able to engage with people around them and quickly establish organisational credibility
- Build & maintain strong relationships with people within Supply Chain, B&M, Retail, IT, the Transformation Office and with 3rd parties
- Have the ability to manage own time, prioritise and be self-motivated
- Have the ability to interpret data as well as generate it
- Be committed to delivering business benefits from our projects