Role: Transport Administrator
Purpose of role: To support the European Transport Planners by carrying out administration tasks for UK and European transport activity
Reports to: European Transport Operations Manager
Location: UK - Islip Distribution Centre
Role Type:Fixed Term (6 months)
- Support Transport Planners by ensuring that loading / transport plans sent out to suppliers, sub-contractors and depots are accurate and clear
- Updating our internal system - SIV authorising orders and updating planned collection dates
- Updating our transport management system with operational data (i.e. volume data) and ensuring an accurate record of on-time performance figures
- Liase with sub-contractors, depots and suppliers to ensure bookings are communicated
- Support creation of weekly / periodic KPI reports
- Support the management of email traffic including operational queries, where appropriate
- Identify areas for improvement within the Control Tower and make sure that targets and milestones are achieved in line with these areas
- Support collation and preparation of data relating to our subcontractor key performance indicators
- Work alongside the Import / Export team to ensure that any necessary documentation related to Brexit changes is available in an accurate and timely manner
The ideal individual will be:
- A highly effective administrator with experience in a transport office with demonstrable track record of personal performance, ideally from a transport environment
- Results orientated with a working knowledge of transport and logistics
- Good analytical and computer skills with an excellent operational understanding of Microsoft Office systems, particularly Excel
- Key skills include: communication, ability to react and work under pressure; awareness of the business needs & requirements and able to work on own initiative.
- The individual should be self-motivated, have the ability to undertake various tasks.
- Be able to prioritise in line with the control tower requirements and support the Transport Planners when required to do so
- Strong numerical skills
- Good basic understanding of transport, both domestic and continental Europe desirable
- Previous experience in a transport administration role desirable but no essential
- Experience operating in a demanding environment with conflicting priorities.
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise in fast paced environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively within the organisation.
- Must be well organised
- Must be capable of identifying and prioritising areas of work that are crucial to the smooth operation of the business.
- Excellent relationship building skills including cultural awareness
- Demonstrate confident interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Problem solver with sound judgment skills
We are fully committed to supporting people with a disability in applying for our vacancies. If you have a disability and require support throughout the recruitment process you can contact us here disABILITY@primark.co.uk and let us know what adjustments you may need.