Purpose of role: To support Business Systems and Operations Excellence Manager (Supply Chain) in the planning, design, and deployment out of WMS, WCS automated and robotic solutions across the Primark depot estate.
Reports to: Business Systems and Operations Excellence Manager (Supply Chain)
Location: Islip or Reading (with travel required)
- Take on responsibility for the definition and delivery of the ‘Supply Chain Systems Road Map’ for depots, ensuring that key milestones and dependencies are clearly identified and managed across the business.
- Identifying, shaping and driving the Supply Chain systems (WMS, WCS, Robotics) roadmap in terms of tactical and strategic change with the objective to drive efficiency, support future SKU, Volume and Store growth.
- Responsible in collaboration with the supply chain Network team for the definition and delivery of the ‘Supply Chain Systems (WMS, WCS, Robotics) road map’ ensuring that key milestones and dependencies are clearly identified and managed across the business.
- Working in collaboration with the Supply Chain network strategy, provide insight and support to deliver the automation programme
- Provide Leadership to cross functional team (ICT/Supply Chain development/Supply Chain operations)
- Manage the WMS supply chain implementation budget to ensure funding is available to meet the challenging roll out timescales.
- Coordinate planning and allocation of resources to effectively staff and deliver supply chain systems, automation and robotics programme
- Provide coaching, mentoring, and development of staff, including personal development and succession planning.
- Responsible for identifying and promoting tactical and strategic systems change to the Supply Chain leadership team to support the Supply Chain change and OE agenda.
- Driving review and bench marking of current state, identification and formulation of future vision and state for WMS, Automation and robotic solutions
- Working collaboratively with ICT and business teams to identify gaps, opportunities and synergies within existing technology working with top down & bottom up approaches
- Develop the supply chain design and delivery team skillset to support delivery of ‘Supply Chain systems roadmap
- Responsible for ensuring team deliver multi-site implementations across Primark’s depot estates in Europe and the US.
- Gain understanding and develop E2E systemic functionality and data flows from Factory gate to Customer with reference to Supply Chain systems.
- Develop technical & process understanding of the E2E Primark Supply Chain network to ensure that delivery of change requests/SC developments are fit for purpose and integrated into the overall supply chain systems network.
- Ensure system standard templates are sufficiently agile to meet the needs of future business and legislative changes as required.
- Works closely with operations and business teams to support transition of new systemic solution into business as usual
- Acts as design authority architect for supply chain system and operations, providing input into any new products or systemic designs across Primark ICT portfolio
- Responsible for end to end delivery of software associated to Supply Chain led projects and responsible for quality assurance of cross functional project design and technical testing of those projects
- Manages relationship with ICT partners in relation to cross functional projects
- Works closely with the ICT Programme Manager to define the ICT landscape and pipeline
- Works closely with ICT Programme Manager for release management in terms of planning and controlling new products and services into business as usual. This includes resource planning for test phases
- Ability to develop and deliver business cases to support change requirements
- Development of project governance reporting and plans, RAID logs, project updates, in line with the SC programme office
- Understand and manage dependencies/impacts of other SC and business change projects on current project and timings
- In collaboration with business partners, develop and monitor key successes criteria and KPIs for delivered systemic change
- Lead and develop team of SME’s (Subject matter experts) to ensure key skills base is maintained and developed, and succession planning is in place
- Work with key SC stake holders both in the UK and overseas to support project deliverables and financial management of projects from business case approval to BAU
- Able to work within a matrix structure to ensure external business functions support the roll out of the Warehouse Systems template across the estate
- Familiar with engaging with 3rd Party Partners to support the change programme
- Identify key users from other functions that may be impacted by the change programme
- Build strong relationships with other functions within the broader Primark business (Trading/Finance/ICT) to ensure they are consulted and informed of projects as appropriate.
Knowledge, skills & experience:
- Experience in delivery of complex Supply Chain change projects, specifically WMS and automation upgrades and implementations.
- Experience in using core project management techniques and tools, demonstrating ability to deliver overlapping projects over multiple year capital.
- Experience in leading remote teams who are geographically spread, ensuring resource risks are identified and managed to mitigate project risk.
- Good understanding and capability to develop and present business cases to senior leadership team
- Knowledge of modern Warehouse Management Systems and how they integrate into host order management (ideally JDA and Oracle).
- Knowledge of WCS systems and how they integrate into existing WMS and host systems.
- Knowledge of robotics, Robotics Process Automation (RPA) , Machine learning (ML) and APIs desirable
- Strong Process knowledge and understanding across logistics/supply chain ideally in Non Food/Fast Fashion Supply Chain.
- Rigorous and analytical approach to problem solving with the ability to operate under pressure in a fast moving environment.
- Ability to Inspire, lead and develop team of SME’s
- Ability to build effective working relationships across functions and with 3rd party partners.
- Ability to quickly assimilate information, spot issues, and build credible plans to address.
- Ability to deliver robust and sustainable systems change through structured delivery plans.
- Experienced communicator, with ability to frame ideas and concepts in easily understandable terms to a variety of technical/non-technical audiences.
We are fully committed to supporting people with a disability in applying for our vacancies. If you have a disability and require support throughout the recruitment process you can contact us here disABILITY@primark.co.uk and let us know what adjustments you may need.