Purpose of role: To lead motivate and develop a team of Depot colleagues to achieve and maintain site and business KPIs.
Reports to: Shift Manager
Location:UK Based, Islip Depot
- To ensure the effective performance of the department, including the management of equipment and resource, to achieve targeted KPIs and budgeted costs
- To ensure your department contributes to the on time delivery performance, particularly in respect of completing the loading of trailers on time, to ensure the Depot meets the on time delivery target of 97.5%
- To effectively manage attendance to maintain an effective labour resource, including the effective control of agency labour in line with your direct headcount budget
- To implement and maintain reports for the warehouse operation, e.g. volumes, KPIs and productivity reports, always ensuring the department meets the set productivity
- To ensure the adequate communication of information to all colleagues, in particular ensuring a daily brief is conducted at the commencement of each shift
- To develop a multi-skilled team of colleagues and support a succession plan through training, coaching, delegation and feedback
- To ensure all matters of performance or capability are managed in accordance with Company procedure
- To support the Company Substance Misuse policy with regard to on-site drug and alcohol testing in accordance with Company procedure
- To ensure all PDR’s and objective reviews are carried out promptly, effectively and in line with best practice
- To ensure sickness absence is managed in accordance with Company procedure
- To input and maintain information on time and attendance in a timely manner for payroll purposes
- To ensure adequate investigation and reporting of all accidents and near misses by Primark colleagues, agency workers in line with Company policy.
- To lead employees to create a culture which encourages safe behaviour and environmental best practice
- To maintain the auditability and traceability of Primark product movements
- To ensure that products are handled carefully and correctly in line with standard operating procedures and with due respect for the secure storage and transit of their goods
- Drive a safety culture whereby each colleague operates with safety as the primary concern, and whereby safety challenges to colleagues are encouraged and developed
- To ensure the efficient and effective achievement of all operational targets and key performance indicators.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- Ability to communicate and delegate to others both verbal and written.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Able to work in and lead a team
- Adaptable to work in all sections of a Depot (inbound / outbound etc)
- Good decision maker
- Ability to problem solve
- Knowledge of a fast moving retail warehouse
- Experience of utilising and interrogating Warehouse Management systems.
- Performance Management / target setting
- Openness to change
- Good listener
- Ability to coach and support
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Driven to develop themselves and others
- Engagement with people around them
- Good role model