Purpose of role:
An Associate Product Owner is required in the Checkout Product Team for the Global MPE product within Primark.
The Global MPE is engine for our EPoS solution and defines the EPoS user interface, business processes and how we interface into other core applications.
This role sits within the technology function within Primark and is responsible for understanding and owning of Global Marketplace as a product, driving change, managing and prioritising the product backlog, defining user stories and will be the primary contact with the various suppliers and stakeholders to ensure that the requirements of Primark are prioritised and achieved.
The associated product owner will work collaboratively and closely with key stakeholders incl. strategic partners, senior stakeholders within technology and across the wider business function within Primark.
Working closely with a variety of stakeholders across, Technology, the business, partners and suppliers, the role requires strong communication and influencing skills, to ensure effective engagement with a diverse senior stakeholder group.
Reports to: Product Owner Checkout Management
Location: Dublin or Reading (travel will be a requirement for this role)
- Responsible for ensuring all User Interface Changes to Market Place have been signed off and agreed amongst all internal and external stakeholders.
- Responsible for ensuring that all MPE software adhere to Primark Standard Business Processes – any deviation from standard will need to be signed off in advance.
- Responsible for Enterprise Integration – ensuring any changes to MPE aligns to existing or establishes new system integrations .
- Manage partners in terms of software bug fixes and defect resolution to MPE.
- Manage any technical debt that may exist within MPE.
- Accountable for maximising the value of MPE as a product to ensure value is being continuously delivered to Primark.
- Responsible for ensuring stability for all data flows and interfaces (e.g. product, price and promotions) to and from MPE to other internal and external systems.
- Responsible for ensuring MPE system stability and availability is maintained.
- Responsible for ensuring all MPE reporting adheres to Primark requirements.
- Responsible for transaction flows in and out of MPE.
- Work with the Primark business owner and internal stakeholders in defining objectives that could influence the product vision.
- Work with Primark’s strategic partners to develop and maintain their product roadmap while setting the vision for and influencing when required.
- Leading the development team in delivering change to MPE which in turn delivers value to the end user.
- Understanding user needs, how the business works and driving the development of the product through clear prioritisation. Envisaging and understand the final product and convey the value it creates and what problems it solves.
- Accountable for the release plan and strategy which may be identified to solve business and customer problems.
- Responsible for ensuring the product road map is translated into a manageable product backlog and precisely prioritise delivery based on value, risk and service considerations.
- Support the articulation of sprint goals by providing product vision.
- Work with the Checkout Management Product Owner and Senior Product Manager to define, prioritise and break the feature backlog into stories, including clarification and acceptance criteria.
- Collaborate closely with key team members and delivery partner to ensure the acceptance criteria of user stories is met and support the release planning and sprint planning exercises.
- Understand Agile estimation approaches and support the delivery team in being self-managing.
- Support our transformation by proactively educating colleagues within technology and wider Primark about agile methodologies and product ownership.
- Support the delivery of products from wireframes to product launch to measuring engagement, working closely with the engineering team.
- Know our market, our competitors and our business models. Identify trends within customer segments and product segments to enhance the MPE product.
- Keep abreast of new technical developments which could improve or redefine the product and customer experience.
- When required, work collaboratively with other product owners within the Retail & New Markets team and also across the wider technology function.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in business relationship management in an IT environment.
- Retail Enterprise systems experience, ownership or delivery of a minimum of 3 years.
- Industry or functional expertise validated through experience working for a Retailer
- Ability to clearly articulate the evolution of products through design thinking and user story mapping
- An appropriate degree, equivalent qualification or experience
- Preferably a certification in Agile Product Ownership, Scaled Agile or equivalent
- Be a passionate and visionary technologist able to inspire others to challenge and disrupt the current reality to co-create a compelling technology-orientated future business by:
- Being able to scan potential technologies (established, emerging and emergent).
- Finding ways to translate that into business opportunities.
- Be able to take people along with you, empowering new ways of working and successfully executing on those opportunities.
- Possess proven experience in establishing and growing products.
- Have excellent knowledge of relevant business portfolio and functional expertise.
- Possess excellent Business partner and supplier leadership skills.
- Have commercial management experience and financial literacy.
- Possess excellent communication skills – relatability to non-technical business users and technical resources.
- Possess excellent people leadership and influencing skills.
- Possess a “Can Do” attitude.
- Have the ability to work with multi-discipline development teams with a mixture of onshore and offshore colleagues.