The Supply Chain Business Analyst will be responsible for understanding business processes and applications, analysing the Business needs of internal clients and stakeholders to help identify business problems and propose application solutions. It requires an ability to understand business processes and translate them into a model that will allow the organisation to achieve its goals. The role also requires project management capabilities that will enable them to manage a project from initiation through sign off, and on occasion will be required to manage programme work streams through to deployment. The role requires strong analytical and communication skills, to ensure effective engagement with a diverse stakeholder group.
Reports to: Supply Chain Portfolio Manager
Location: Reading UKKey Responsibilities:
- Develop a strong understanding of our existing system and application landscape as a building block for future solutions.
- Work with an internal and external teams to help shape the landscape and solutions that will allow the business to achieve its strategic goals.
- Using interviews, workshops, documentation reviews, business analysis and business process evaluations, gather business requirements.
- Work with and challenge business units on their assumptions to help deliver solutions for their current and future needs.
- Project manage the process from initiation through to sign off, adhering to all PMO requirements.
- Take on the project management of programme work streams through to successful implementation.
- Work with information gathered from multiple sources, be able to evaluate true business requirement from user request, ensure that proposed solution is reconciled with all business inputs, and resolve business conflicts as required.
- Be able to draw requirements together into Functional Requirements Documents using existing templates, making use of plain English, diagrams, process flows and scenarios so that the resulting document will be meaningful to the intended users. • Have the ability to work in a team collaborating on different aspects of a large project, ensuring that the objectives of all components are aligned and that delivered solution will works as an end to end process.
- Be able to take responsibility for managing aspects of project, managing resources, timelines, 3rd parties and delivering status reports, feeding into the overall project.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives in parallel.
- Use the knowledge gained in the analysis and design of the solutions to become one of the SMS’s for aspects of the new landscape
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent).
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in related field.
- IT experience in the Retail sector.
- Demonstrate experience of gathering requirements and converting them into a product vision.
- Show experience of Project Management role and an understanding of PMO requirements. The ideal individual will:
- Have strong analytical skills to interpret customer needs and translate into application and operational requirements
- Possess the ability to work alongside senior management at all levels within ICT, the business and external service providers / business partners
- Demonstrate strong planning and organisation skills, ability to plan and prioritise work schedule and work within agreed timescales
- Have strong communications skills (written and verbal) – need to communicate at all levels within ICT, the business and external service providers / business partners.
- Highly organised, detail-oriented, possessing the ability to effectively prioritise projects and deliverables whilst meeting deadlines set by management.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule for self and team and work within agreed timescales.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to analyse and interrogate high volumes of data as well as demonstrating an ability to focus on higher level overview.
- Commercial awareness with ability to demonstrate a sound knowledge of wider business factors.
- Have strong financial and analytical acumen as well as excellent Project Management and communication skills.
- Proven ability in managing sensitive matters whilst ensuring all Primark information remains confidential to the business.
- Be a collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal/communication skills, while demonstrating high levels of emotional intelligence and possess the ability to push back with professionalism. Proven ability in developing effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation.
- Operates with a high level of integrity, diplomacy, tact and professionalism.
- Effective and persuasive presentation skills, including the ability to present complex information in an understandable manner to all areas of the business.
- Ability to lead, influence and coach others
- Sound judgement, unquestionable ethics and integrity with high degree of transparency and trust
At Primark, we know how hard everyone works to achieve our business goals and our competitive salary rewards this. We offer flexible working which is our way of helping you achieve more. We'll also provide you with a progressive career path, because clear advancement is what we’re all about at Primark. We’re always open when talking about your development and we offer plenty of training – whether it’s inhouse or sending you on courses.
We’re big believers in rewarding hard work, which is easier to achieve with our teams being so close and forever willing to help out.
Can you lead the way in our internal technology efforts? If you’re invested in thinking through and solving the IT challenges of tomorrow, this is the role for you. Join us as a Business Analyst.