Corporate & Financial Communications Manager
Join our Corporate Communications Team in our beautiful Reading Head Office. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced PR / Corporate Communications expert who is looking for their next move.
You will help shape and develop an in-house corporate communications function at Primark. As an integral member of the external communications function, there will be a specific focus on corporate announcements and financial results. You will have the opportunity to enhance the creative approach to Primark’s strategy and bring this to life for our external audience. In this role you will also support our parent company, ABFs (Associated British Foods) investor story, while supporting the management of critical reputational issues for our diverse business areas.
- Lead on drafting all corporate communications materials – with a focus on bring our corporate story to life in ABF financial and investor materials and across the Primark channels in a creative and engaging way. Materials to include press releases, Q&A, Primark’s section of the financial results statements, the strategic report section of the ABF annual report and Primark related content on the ABF corporate and investor website, working hand in hand where appropriate with the ABF finance and CA functions
- Play an integral role in Primark’s reactive comms function, helping anticipate, mitigate and proactively manage issues of critical reputational risk, developing supporting materials
- Day to day management of corporate financial agency relationship, briefing them on business-critical issues and ensuring deep understanding of Primark strategy and corporate affairs priorities as integrated part of the ABF corporate narrative
- Establish strong working relationships with ABF finance and CA teams, breaking down silos and establishing Primark voice at heart of the corporate narrative
- Support Head of Sustainability and Supplier communications to build support for Primark’s approach to ESG among the corporate and financial audience
- Work hand in hand with campaigns and consumer PR teams to bring the breadth and quality of the Primark product offering to life in ABF’s corporate communications
- Develop a structured plan of corporate announcements and engagement that supports Primark’s key strategic objectives within the ABF group
- Develop a plan for thought leadership in our sector, agreeing priority themes and identifying key spokespeople at a senior level across the business
- Build close collaboration with the Heads of Comms in market to bring Primark international growth story to life in the corporate narrative while also ensuring clear and consistent delivery of corporate messages in market
- Work hand in hand with internal comms to develop integrated communications for all key strategic and corporate initiatives
- Develop trusting relationships with key retail and business correspondents in UK media across nationals, broadcast media and newswires, with aim of reducing reliance on external advisors
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in corporate communications, either consultancy or in-house
- Proven experience of corporate and financial PR for UK-listed companies in FTSE 250 or FTSE 100, preferably including retail sector
- Experience of handling critical reputational issues
- Strong influencing skills and ability to cut through complexity
- Excellent written communications skills
- Proven media operator with network of UK media relationships
- Highly motivated with energy and enthusiasm to take on new challenges
- Flexibility to operate across multiple projects and work to multiple stakeholders
- Team player with can-do attitude
- Sound judgement and the maturity to know when to ask the stupid question
Why work with us?
At Primark, we know how hard everyone works to achieve our business goals and our competitive salary rewards this. We'll provide you with a progressive career path, because clear advancement is what we’re all about at Primark. We’re always open when talking about your development, supporting with further education or in house solutions. We also offer flexible working which is our way of helping you achieve more.