To provide expertise and support across the enterprise information framework, including data intake, data transformation, data quality, metadata and master data management, data virtualisation, data governance, data lineage, data services and data lakes.
To assist in the creation of a Master Data Management capability that will help create a common view of Master Data and a mechanism for its aggregation, cleansing, transformation, augmentation, validation and syndication
To assist in platform identification and recommendations in conjunction with the Data & Analytics team, covering data lake, data warehouse and data analytics capabilities
- Assist in the development of a data strategy roadmap and its incorporation into the wider enterprise roadmap
- Develop metrics for quality and consistency of data across the enterprise
- Establish and document standards for data platforms including all aspects if information access and retrieval, integration/transformation, utilities and tools for use in the organisation
- Assist with establishment of a Master Data Management capability; support the decommissioning of related legacy applications that provide similar capabilities.
- Establish common set of enterprise data-related tools and associated best practices for use across the group.
- Support the enterprise data architect in shaping and building of consensus around the enterprise data product vision, strategy and roadmap.
- Stakeholder management: Elicit strategic business priorities from the various business customers so that we have a unified and coherent understanding of how the organisation will gain business value from our enterprise data product(s). Advise stakeholders with strategic guidance related to Master Data Management and Data Integration.
- Prioritisation and project management: Prioritise the business need to ensure that we are first delivering those capabilities with greatest impact, lowest effort, and least dependency. Drive delivery of the backlog, in conjunction with the relevant product owners, providing clear communication as necessary
- Collaboration across the architecture team and the Data & Analytics team on logical data models and designs, physical data and metadata models required in support of the required business architecture
- Strategic Information Management approach and guidance for Business Teams including Data Governance, Data Stewardship, Data Quality Management and Master Data Management
- Work alongside equivalent technology-focused Enterprise Architects to stay informed of and evaluate technologies and solutions in the context of the business' strategic roadmap and information needs, and to select and promote technologies and solutions that further the capabilities and performance of data products at Primark
- Further the development of business capabilities through the production of data products, data models, strategies and roadmaps and associated artefacts for the Enterprise Architecture Framework and be able to communicate these to a broad range of stakeholders
- Keep all Data teams informed of changes to Primark’s data landscape, and work to ensure Primark’s data governance processes are considered and correctly applied to all products and components to safeguard compliance
- Manage resource supply including identifying and supporting recruitment where there is a shortage of relevant skills
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- 5+ years information architecture experience, with broad experience across a range of roles within Technology.,
- 5+ years of commercial IT change and programme experience, demonstrating a high degree of proficiency in data analysis, conceptual and logical modelling and design, and a core understanding of the GDPR and regulatory compliance
- A Bachelor or master’s degree in a quantitative field (Operation Research, Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Math, Economics, Statistics, Analytics, Management/Business Information Systems (or related degree)
- Extensive experience of industry frameworks and leading practices for the development of enterprise data architecture (e.g. TOGAF, DAMA)
- Knowledge of tools for data architecture design and data modelling
- Knowledge of ETL/ELT techniques
- Experience of AI/ML tools and techniques
- Experience of data integration (tools and techniques)
- Knowledge of analytics and BI platforms (e.g. Alteryx, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, IBM Cognos)
- Previous experience in large scale data warehousing
- Have experience in Agile and Lean Practices
- Experience in coaching groups and individuals to realise potential and adopt new or changed ways of working
- Experience of managing and collaborating with vendors
Successful candidates will:
- Be a passionate and visionary technologist able to inspire others to challenge and disrupt the current reality to co-create a compelling technology-orientated future business by
- being able to scan potential technologies (established, emerging and emergent)
- finding ways to translate that into business opportunities
- and most importantly of all, able to take people along with you, empowering new ways of working and successfully executing on those opportunities
- Be an exceptional leader and coach with outstanding influence across the CoP, ready to share your knowledge and keen to help others become the best they can be, an advocate for career paths and identifying development opportunities for members of the community.
- Ability to operate within a highly pressurised and fast paced environment, consistently delivering results and achieving corporate objectives on time and within the agreed parameters