Purpose of role
We have a fantastic opportunity for a talented fashion writer to join our online editorial team. This exciting position offers the chance to develop our daily coverage and this position will have a strong focus on menswear, kidswear and License content. Key responsibilities include writing engaging, on-brand, editorial content and informative copy, working to tight deadlines and being an outstanding team player.
- Ensuring the brand 'tone-of-voice' reflects the customer in all features, while creating engaging content.
- Develop the look and feel of editorial content, targeting the correct audience for the brand and drawing in new consumers.
- To monitor the success of digital features within analytics, report and feedback findings and utilise these to guide new content ideas.
- Work closely with the in-house buying and merchandising teams to push products online for sale in-store.
- Work closely with the wider Marketing and Creative teams to ensure ‘one voice’ across all seasonal campaigns and daily reportage.
- On going site quality control, ensuring all copy, images and content are accurate and of a high quality. Ensure all content appears on the live site as expected.
- Work to strict daily deadlines
- Support the wider digital team in relation to the overall site content management and supporting processes
- Continuously pitch new feature ideas to create engaging, trend-led content
- Work as part of a cross functional team to deliver on site elements of larger scale integrated campaigns with Social Media, PR Team and Creative In Store Team
Key Interactions and engagement as part of role
We’re looking for an fashion writer with real of passion and talent. This role would suit someone a keen eye for grammar, a passion for words and a love for fashion. If you’re up for the challenge and want to work in a busy but supportive and rewarding environment, this could be the role for you.
Essential knowledge, education, skills and experience
- Degree educated. Preferred degrees include English Lit, Journalism, or Fashion Journalism
- Experience working in a digital environment.
- Previous experience using CMS preferred
- Excellent written English
- Industry experience
- A proven ability to work quickly and efficiently with accuracy and attention to detail
- Time keeping and ability to meet deadlines
- Sound knowledge of fashion, fabrics, colours and brands
- Ability to work in a team
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong knowledge of social media channels
- Photoshop skills
- Pro-active work attitude willing to get involved in a wide range of projects.
- Awareness of online metrics and analytics
- Highly organised, detail-oriented, possessing the ability to effectively prioritise projects and deliverables whilst meeting deadlines set by management.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule for self and team and work within agreed timescales.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to analyse and interrogate high volumes of data as well as demonstrating an ability to focus on higher level overview.
- Proven ability in managing sensitive matters whilst ensuring all Primark information remains confidential to the business.
- Be a collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal/communication skills, while demonstrating high levels of emotional intelligence and possess the ability to push back with professionalism. Proven ability in developing effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation.
- Operates with a high level of integrity, diplomacy, tact and professionalism.
- Effective and persuasive presentation skills, including the ability to present complex information in an understandable manner to all areas of the business.
- Ability to lead, influence and coach others
- Sound judgement, unquestionable ethics and integrity with high degree of transparency and trust