As our Legal Counsel you will have the opportunity to work within the Primark Global Legal Team. As part of the team you will be a trusted advisor to provide commercially focussed and pragmatic legal support on a broad spectrum of issues to the wider Primark business. You will build strong relationships on a daily basis with internal business units and external counterparties. Our Legal team actively contributes to the ongoing success of the Primark business.
- A commercial, assertive and diplomatic lawyer who has strong communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Delivering high quality and commercially pragmatic legal advice to Primark.
- Proactively collaborating with colleagues to better protect the business, maximise value and manage risk.
- Leading on the drafting, review and negotiation of commercial agreements including bespoke contracts, licensing and technology agreements and supply chain related agreements.
- Advising on the broad range of issues you would expect from a large multinational retailer.
- Applying a breadth of professional knowledge in a manner which allows achievement of the greatest competitive advantage.
- Managing external legal counsel, ensuring maximum efficiencies of work performed whilst proactively managing the costs incurred.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- Qualified Solicitor with at least 3-5 years PQE.
- Must have experience of private practice in Ireland or any part of the UK.
- Broad general commercial experience including advising on IT and GDPR related matters.
- Must be capable of applying a rigorous legal interpretation without compromising the business.
- The successful candidate will be a self-starter, capable of using their initiative and relish working in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Must be a team player with well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highly organised, detail-oriented, possessing the ability to effectively prioritise projects and deliverables whilst meeting deadlines set by management.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule and work within agreed timescales.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to analyse and interrogate complex or large amounts of information while demonstrating an ability to focus on and convey important matters.
- Proven ability in managing sensitive matters whilst ensuring all Primark information remains confidential to the business.
- Be a collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal/communication skills, while demonstrating high levels of emotional intelligence and possess the ability to push back with professionalism. Proven ability in developing effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation.
- Operates with a high level of integrity, diplomacy, tact and professionalism.
- Effective and persuasive presentation skills, including the ability to present complex information in an understandable manner to all areas of the business.
- Ability to lead, influence and coach others.
- Sound judgement, unquestionable ethics and with high degree of transparency and trust.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.