Are you an experienced designer who has experience within the License field? If so this could be the role for you!
You will be responsible to drive the License business ensuring that all key trends are delivered across Primark, creating innovation and excitement for the Primark customers.
- Support License Director in driving the design strategy for License, specifically collating and completing trend research and gathering intel to support and formulate product vision and design strategy for Primark.
- Collaborate with the License Manager to identity emerging trends in the external global environment and how this can translate to opportunities in the License world, by attending trade shows and inspirational trips globally.
- Identify all emerging and declining global trends per category to maximise commercial potential, outlining any regional differences.
- Work closely with License Manager(s) and Licensors to generate design direction proposals to the Director for business campaigns ensuring consistency across total business.
- Work with Licensors directly to unlock exclusive first to market creative assets / style guides for Primark – ensuring newness and excitement for the customer.
- Prepare quarterly design presentations for the business, providing an overview of all new opportunities and emerging trends – tailored by category.
- Complete regular inspirational shopping to ensure that Primark remains ahead of its competitors, sharing insights with the product teams monthly.
- Fully immerse and continually research the global trend landscape to ensure all relevant trends are captured and shared to product teams to potentialize.
- Consider communication style and method to excite and innovate, sharing new product ideas, techniques and shapes.
- Collaborate with Marketing Business Partners and License Manager(s) to drive innovation across all new and existing campaigns.
- Formulate trend packs for all key campaigns across the business working on colour palettes and graphic direction ensuring that all departments are clear on the design direction for each campaign.
- Attend the regular license rack up’s to review cohesive campaigns across the business from a design.
- Utilise license expertise and knowledge to influence and share insights with License Director & Steering Group, to gain buy in.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with the client group and key internal and external stakeholders including Buying, Department Designers and Brand.
- Network with all key design stakeholders across the business to ensure department emerging trends are encompassed into forthcoming license campaigns, constantly driving fashionability.
- Utilise product knowledge and creativity to influence product / design teams to ensure license product is aspirational and relevant for the customer.
- Collaborate with all licensors / licensee partners to focus external design resource support effectively across all teams in conjunction with licence product managers.
- Support License Director in preparation for board level presentations and strategy meetings.
A global perspective – both local and global travel to meet product teams, Licensors and inspiration.
- Strong understanding of multi-category product to ensure credibility with internal / external stakeholders.
- Essential experience in a license environment either at retail or Licensor / Licensee.
- Strong commercial awareness and the ability to interpret and influence trends.