Primark is looking for and experienced Payroll Associate to join a large, friendly team responsible for producing its UK & Ireland Payrolls. This is a contract role.
What the role involves:
What Primark is looking for in a candidate:
- Preparation and verification of high volume payrolls for the organisation by keeping to set deadlines and procedures.
- Contributing towards the delivery of accurate payroll output and assisting with detailed payroll checking procedures to ensure all employees are paid accurately and on time.
- Maintaining an allocation of stores by processing information received from People and Culture teams and providing an excellent service to all our customers.
- Learning and applying HMRC legislation and Primark rules on calculating and entering Company & Statutory payments.
- Administration of new starters and leavers including processing starter declarations and P45 forms.
- Dealing with correspondence enquiries in a timely and efficient manner from Stores, HMRC and other third parties.
- Processing Attachment of Earnings orders.
- Calculating and administering holiday pay entitlement.
- Administering pension deductions and assisting with pension correspondence and queries.
- Calculating manual payments and repayments where required by applying tax rules.
- Assisting in the production of payslips and other documents on a four-weekly basis.
- Administration tasks such as filing and post-sorting.
- Writing and producing reports using a reporting system and using MS Excel and Word to carry out day to day duties.
- Learning new tasks associated with payroll processing and systems with a view to role development.
- In due course taking on additional responsibility for other tasks performed by the team (for example, international payroll support and the uploading of data into the payroll system).
- At least 1-2 years previous experience in a payroll position is desirable but not essential
- Successful candidates will possess 5 or more GCSEs at grade C or above (or equivalent), be accurate and flexible and be comfortable working in a busy environment.