Reports to: Team Lead
Location: Reading Town Centre
Come and join our large, friendly team that produces UK and Ireland Payrolls for Primark
What the successful candidate will be doing:
- Preparation and checking of high volume payrolls to help ensure that employees are paid accurately and on time.
- Working flexibly to set deadlines.
- Following detailed payroll checking procedures across all areas such as report production, payroll checking and correction, sickness processing, etc.
- Maintaining an allocation of stores by processing information received from People and Culture teams and providing an excellent service to all our customers.
- Learning and applying HMRC/Revenue legislation and Primark rules on calculating and entering company & statutory payments.
- Administration of new starters and leavers including processing starter declarations.
- Dealing with correspondence enquiries in a timely and efficient manner from stores, HMRC/Revenue and other third parties.
- Processing attachment of earnings orders.
- Calculating and administering holiday pay entitlement.
- Administering pension deductions and assisting with pension correspondence and queries.
- Learning to calculate small numbers of manual payments and repayments.
- Administration tasks such as filing and post-sorting.
- Writing and producing reports using a reporting system and using MS Excel to carry out some day to day duties.
- Learning new tasks associated with payroll processing and systems with a view to role development.
- In due course taking on additional responsibility for other tasks performed by the team (for example, international payroll support).
What Primark is looking for in a candidate:
- Previous experience in a payroll position though full training can be offered to candidates demonstrating a ‘can do’, positive attitude.
- Successful candidates will possess 5 or more GCSEs at grade C or above (or equivalent), be accurate and flexible and be comfortable working in a busy environment.
The ideal individual will be:
- A competent team player with a positive attitude.
- Organised with good attention to detail.
- Motivated by ensuring high standards of performance and quality of work achieved.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment whilst maintaining accuracy.
This is a unique opportunity to work for a dynamic, fast growing company that invests in
people development and to work on a team with a focus on teamwork and excellence