Reports to: Planning Manager
Team: Planning & Space
Location: Reading or Dublin
Role Type: Permanent
Role Purpose: The Planning and Space Data & Reporting Lead will be the owner of all data and reporting responsibilities for the Planning and Space function. They will employ industry best practices in reporting and visualisation, to turn day-to-day reporting requirements into actionable insight and build reporting for long-term, sustainable reporting solutions. The Planning and Space Data & Reporting Lead will work closely with key senior stakeholders across business functions such as Planning and Space, BI & Analytics, Buying & Merchandising, Sourcing and Strategy, to enable decision-making which is based on valuable, accessible data insights.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The Planning and Space Data & Reporting Lead is the data and reporting lead for the Planning and Space function.
- They will work with senior stakeholders across the business to define key reporting requirements and turn these reporting requirements into actionable insight through visualisation best practices.
- Effectively prioritises reporting requirements, based on complexity and business impact.
- Takes a solutions-focused approach to data and reporting; drives efficiencies and improvements in existing reporting and proactively identify opportunities for new and improved reporting and data processes.
- Responsible for building reporting for longer term reporting solutions as well as short-term one-off analysis, ensuring these meet business needs and are easily and readily adopted.
- Has a breadth and depth of knowledge in processes, policies and industry best practice. Keeps up to date with emerging best practices and employs these in the Data & Reporting role.
- Utilises and extract / transform data from sources across the business (both structured and unstructured data) and blends together to give a seamless reporting and data experience.
- Delivers impact to the business by modelling complex, large data.
- Seeks to understand business requests and challenges and translates these to reporting and data outputs. Responsible for summarising this data and making recommendations to the business as appropriate to facilitate decision-making.
- Builds strong relationships with stakeholder network and develops a robust knowledge of their internal customer. Provides information, support and advice to stakeholders and widely shares lessons learned and new learnings to drive improvements in the business.
- Act as the key point of contact for the BI & Analytics team and develops a collaborative relationship to support the development of Primark data.
- Supports Buying & Merchandising as a key stakeholder, through centralised and complex data gathering.
- Employs industry best practice in relation to data handling and governance and ensure data gathering is compliant with internal company policy.
- Strives for continuous improvement and growth; explores opportunities for growth within Primark and acts as a leader for visualisation, data and reporting
- Provides ad hoc support in related projects and new business wide activities.
- The Planning and Space Data & Reporting Lead will work closely with stakeholders across several key areas of the business. This will include; Group Planning and Space Director, Planning Manager, Planning and Space Team, BI & Analytics Team, Buying & Merchandising, Sourcing, Primark Cares and Sustainability.
- Strong capability in data manipulation and transformation, and applying analysis to large sets of data
- 3+ years’ experience with data visualisation tools such as Tableau, Qlikview, Microstrategy etc. (Tableau experience an advantage)
- 2+ years’ experience working with SQL / Data Engineering (Teradata an advantage)
- 1+ years’ Alteryx experience a benefit
- Analytical, Technological or Business-related qualification, or equivalent working experience
- Highly effective problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to concisely visualise large data
- Ability to interpret business requests or scenarios and translate these into data and reporting requirements
- Highly organised, detail-oriented, with excellent planning capabilities
- Ability to effectively prioritise projects and deliverables whilst meeting deadlines set by management
- Experience working in Retail an advantage
- Highly organised, detail-oriented, possessing the ability to effectively prioritise projects and deliverables whilst meeting deadlines set by management.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule for self and team and work within agreed timescales.
- Ability to work at pace maintaining excellent attention to detail and an ability to analyse and interrogate high volumes of data as well as demonstrating an ability to focus on higher level overview.
- Proven ability in managing sensitive matters whilst ensuring all Primark information remains confidential to the business.
- Be a collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal/communication skills, while demonstrating high levels of emotional intelligence and possess the ability to push back with professionalism. Proven ability in developing effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation.
- Operates with a high level of integrity, diplomacy, tact and professionalism.
- Effective and persuasive presentation skills, including the ability to present complex information in an understandable manner to all areas of the business.
- Ability to lead, influence and coach others
- Sound judgement, unquestionable ethics and integrity with high degree of transparency and trust