Purpose of role: Manage the end to end design of solutions on all digital platforms, define and own the roadmap for future exploitation of digital channels and platforms.
Location: Reading however regular travel to Dublin will be a requirement of this role
- Provide architectural leadership and expertise in the creation of technical solutions to address business needs
- Facilitate rapid solutioning through a broad knowledge of available services to define end-to-end architecture to promote a clear and consistent business vision
- Collaborate with and serve as a consultant to key business stakeholders, account managers and project teams on proposed and alternative architectures to implement an efficient and cost-effective solution
- Work with technology and business unit leadership to help define the future technology roadmap
- Work cross-functionally with supporting teams to devise and validate viable solutions
- Design any changes to the platform. Ensure any designs to support projects are reflected in solution blueprints.
- Ensure that the digital platforms are secure, supportable and performant.
- Educate technology staff in the capabilities, patterns and best practices implementing design on the platform.
- Build strong relationship with the vendor organisation and any third-party organisations involved in the implementation and integration of the platform.
- Ensure platform kept up to date and upgrades planned and managed. Develop and maintain the roadmaps for ESB.
- Ensure delivery partners / system integrators adhere to Primark architectural principles.
- Resolve design related design issues in collaboration with Primark and 3rd party teams.
- Keep architecture deliverables and documentation up to date.
Key Interactions and engagement with as part of role:
- Work with project teams and other architects to ensure that the business needs are reflected in the design of the platform.
- Present options and recommendations for designs and changes to the platform
- Work with Service delivery to put in place effective processes to manage services and reflect any operational requirements in roadmaps and changes to the platform.
- Engage with industry experts and vendors to track developments in the area.
- Technology background with experience in enterprise architecture and data flows
- Managed and built strong relationships with external technology and implementation partners
- Successfully led a team of junior architects, ideally within the Digital marketing & commerce / retail space
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of the challenges of designing a digital solution to meet usability, functional, performance and governance / legislative requirements across multiple countries.
- Proficiency with architecture modelling and solution blueprinting.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of end-to-end technology and being able to proactively spot issues across different technologies and systems
- Strong project manager with ability to communicate fluently with a variety of stakeholders in different areas and at varying levels of seniority across business
- Thrive in fast paced environment; able to deliver solutions in face of unforeseen obstacles and challenging business requirements
- Comfortable working independently and collaborating within a team environment.
- Confident standing their ground on difficult decisions, able to bring people with them, balances decisions with pragmatism.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships internally and with third parties.
- Highly organised, detail-oriented, possessing the ability to effectively prioritise projects and deliverables whilst meeting deadlines set by management.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule for self and team and work within agreed timescales.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to analyse and interrogate high volumes of data as well as demonstrating an ability to focus on higher level overview.
- Proven ability in managing sensitive matters whilst ensuring all Primark information remains confidential to the business.
- Be a collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal/communication skills, while demonstrating high levels of emotional intelligence and possess the ability to push back with professionalism. Proven ability in developing effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation.
- Operates with a high level of integrity, diplomacy, tact and professionalism.
- Effective and persuasive presentation skills, including the ability to present complex information in an understandable manner to all areas of the business.
- Ability to lead, influence and coach others
- Sound judgement, unquestionable ethics and integrity with high degree of transparency and trust
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.