Purpose of role: To work within the Brand and Customer Communications team in conjunction with the licensing teams linking the product, buying and marketing channels end to end ensuring we maximise on creative and commercial opportunities.
Reports to: Marketing Director
Location: Dublin or Reading, with travel between the two offices
Act as the conduit between License and the Brand teams to ensure that the relevant processes are in place to deliver world class Primark licence campaigns that deliver both brand enhancing and commercial success for both parties
Build relationships with key partners & develop a strong understanding of their brand guidelines to ensure seamless sign offs of all marketing assets.
Be the point of contact for all product related queries for brand partnerships across the product, brand & marketing and retail teams.
Act as the brand centre of excellence externally ensuring the Primark brand is upheld to the highest standard in all communications with partners
Build, manage and maximise a licence marketing budget within a defined rate card that promotes clarity and maximises spend opportunities
- Partnering with our chosen partners, Buying, Merchandising and Design, Brand and Communications and Retail teams
- Capturing the feedback and views of the partners, licence & BMD teams in turn channelling to the Brand and Communications teams
- Translating a buying and merchandising strategy into a Brand and Communications strategy to deliver a cohesive customer journey
- Facilitate Critical Path Management with Buying, Merchandising, Design and Brand and Communications team
- Manage individual project critical paths in line with dept. seasonal strategy
- Ensure good working knowledge of business-critical plans within the Buying, Merchandising and Design, Brand and Communications and Retail divisions
- Develops effective working relationship across the Licence, Buying, Merchandising, Design, Brand and Communications and Retail divisions
- Establish and maintain relationships with the range of relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain high impact personal relationships with the Buying and Merchandising , Brand and Communications and Retail teams and facilitate quality communication channels appropriate to the target audience
- Summarise and share results of Brand and Communication’s activity both internally and externally
- Influences and negotiates with the Brand and Communications teams to introduce new ideas and opportunities
- Ensures the delivery of all projects and initiatives on time and within budget
- Make commercially sound proposals and decisions which will enhance the customer experience and ultimately will contribute to sales growth
- Ensure processes in place to monitor all costs and take commercial decisions to ensure any risk is managed
- Adopt and adhere to Primark’s policies with regard to budget and cost control initiatives
- Ensure a logical, sequential approach is taken to ensure seamless and efficient delivery
- Adopt good project management skills and principles to ensure effective and transparent delivery of all projects
- Work with merchandising function to analyse sales results and evaluate the performance of any new initiatives.
- Influence long term product strategies and business initiatives
- React to competitor activity and in season trends when appropriate
- Actively identify business improvement opportunities/gaps within the will impact positively on customer experience
- Be a Brand and Communications ambassador internally and externally for the business
- Contribute to and promote a positive work environment
- Adhere to company policies and administration procedures
- Ensure PC & Mac literacy in all Microsoft office skills
- 3+ years’ experience within a similar role, ideally within a Fashion Retailer.
- Experience working in a Marketing/Brand or BMD (Buying, Merchandising & Design) dept.
- Analytical and strategic thinker.
- Ambitious and driven to achieve results and standards of excellence.
- Highly organised, detail-oriented, possessing the ability to effectively prioritise projects and deliverables whilst meeting deadlines set by management.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule and work within agreed timescales.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to analyse and interrogate high volumes of data as well as demonstrating an ability to focus on higher level overview.
- Proven ability in managing sensitive matters whilst ensuring all Primark information remains confidential to the business.
- Be a collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal/communication skills, while demonstrating high levels of emotional intelligence and possess the ability to push back with professionalism. Proven ability in developing effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation.
- Operates with a high level of integrity, diplomacy, tact and professionalism.
- Effective and persuasive presentation skills, including the ability to present complex information in an understandable manner to all areas of the business.
- Ability to lead, influence and coach others
- Sound judgement, unquestionable ethics and integrity with high degree of transparency and trust