There is something incredibly special about the Primark brand: our customers love Primark for the products we sell, the experience they have in our stores and our amazing prices. These things will never change. Our purpose is “To make people feel good every day”.
We have over 400 stores employing more than 65,000 colleagues in 14 countries across Europe and the US. We see opportunities for growth in all our markets and expect to reach 530 stores by the end of 2026.
Primark Technology is about to embark on a transformation journey to support business strategy which includes modernising our operating model as well as technology architecture.
Primark is at the beginning of a significant Supply Chain programme augmenting, refreshing or replacing existing estate whilst moving to automation with integrated transportation, data and planning solutions. Expanding into the digital world and looking to overall update technologies that are not in line with the strategic vision.
- Managing live products to ensure value is being delivered to end users. Ensuring BAU operations are achieved, and system availability is maintained.
- Accountable for the release plan and strategy & cross portfolio alignment on relative priorities for the suite of products which may be identified to solve business and customer problems.
- Responsible for the product development and operations, participating in planning (Sprint and Product increment) and providing a refined and precisely prioritised product backlog for the development team.
- Work with the Product Manager to define, prioritise and break the feature backlog into stories, including clarification and acceptance criteria.
- Know our market, our competition and our business models. Identify trends within customer segments and product segments for new products or improvements for existing ones.
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- Significant understanding of strategic Supply Chain warehousing and transportation technologies with recent experience of emerging technologies.
- Deep understanding of retail global supply chain solutions from movement of goods from origin to store.
- Multi-channel experience.
- Up to date with latest technical solutions from Global Trade Management through to Warehouse Management and automation of these solutions.
- Over 3 years’ experience in business relationship management in an IT environment.
- Industry or functional expertise validated through experience working for a Retailer.
- An appropriate degree, equivalent qualification, or experience.
- Preferably a certification in Agile Product Ownership, Scaled Agile or equivalent.
- Have a strong background working with cross-functional Operations/Supply Chain organisation, as well as other key organisational stakeholders.
- Be able to quickly learn and explain end-to-end supply chains.
- Be excited about being a key member of the team in helping to define and deliver global end-to-end supply chains.
- Be able to understand the business and technical requirements of our partners, and work closely with the internal/external development teams to guide the direction of supply chain activities.
- Have experience in the software product development cycle, with Scrum or/and Kanban.
- Be a quick learner, passionate about your work and driven to get things done.
- Have a great team spirit.
At Primark, we know how hard everyone works to achieve our business goals. Having a competitive salary and annual bonus scheme is our way of acknowledging this. We will also provide you with a progressive career path, because clear advancement is what we are all about at Primark
Our flexible working benefit, Your Day Your Way, means you get to choose when to start and finish your workday. Choose to work remotely if you like, in a way that suits you but also helps us get the most out of your talents. There is a lively culture here, and it’s easy to get to know each other in a truly warm atmosphere.