Reports to: Director of Sourcing
- You will be responsible for the strategic planning of our production capacity, ensuring the orders are placed according to the supplier’s capacity & in line with our code of conduct and required handover dates.
- You will identify supplier’s capacity to limit interruptions to the flow of product and according to the sales behaviour.
- By working closely with supplier’s, you will ensure we secure the required capacity ahead of the competition to facilitate our growth and sales opportunities.
- You will provide greater visibility of business forecasts to suppliers to ensure they can plan their production appropriately and improve compliance, cost, quality and lead-times
- You will insure our suppliers have the facility to be flexible in production to facilitate Primark’s fast paced changeable trading patterns
- You will build supplier management systems/tools that support a stronger more resilient supplier base and gives us appropriate visibility of the right allocation of the workload to make effective business decisions.
- You will collaborate closely with our trading teams in-season to ensure the capacity within our supplier base keeps up to speed with the trading pattern and supports sales opportunities
- By monitoring utilisation of available capacity across the business, you will give visibility to all trading teams to make appropriate decisions in support of company performance
- Candidates should have exceptionally strong analytical & numerical skills.
- Experienced in the role of Merchandising, competent with planning and forecasting and would benefit from an understanding of how the suppliers operate their factories.
- Strong communication and influencing skills to work across the business and with suppliers and able to take ownership and drive the success of the project.
- Successful candidate needs to be self-motivated with strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Successful candidate will have strong communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Candidates should have exceptionally competent Excel skills and an understanding of/desire to understand industry standard tools/systems to help build the process of the future.