Purpose of role:Reporting into the Head of Product Model, the Project Analyst will work with the Programme Manager and the Project lead in supporting the delivery of their assigned programme, whilst partnering with key stakeholders and the wider team. This role is required primarily to support on the delivery of the Supplier Effectiveness programme, however, will be involved in all aspects of the Product Model work and will need flexibility to work across programmes as required.
Primark Product Model programme is one of the company’s key strategic initiatives under our Future Amazing Strategy.
As Primark’s continues to grow with new or expanded presence across multiple continents, we need to evolve our operating model to ensure we can become a truly global business. Our customers and our product offer are at the heart of the business; therefore, we need to be able to cater for a diverse range of customers and optimise our stock across the estate dependent on our customer demands. To create a more efficient and scalable operating model; technology, data and insights underpin this transformation.
Following a transition from two buying offices to one Global Buying Office in 2019, the Product Model Programme moved into a Transformation phase with the objective to ensure the future model is ‘fit’ to (i) sustain our economic advantage over competitors, and (ii) support our global growth ambitions, whilst remaining consistent with our overall vision and strategy for the business, and our value position to deliver amazing affordable fashion to all.
The Product Model encompasses the full end to end of the product journey, from Strategy, Range Planning and Buying, through to Stock Management and Trading, and the associated processes for our Buying, Merchandising, Design, Quality and Sourcing teams.
The programme core projects will include:
- Planning and Forecasting Transformation – Scoping and implementing a new Planning Platform and an Allocation and Replenishment tool
- Product Development – Two key objectives of this project are (a) Scoping and implementing new tools to digitise our product development, design and planning (b) Define a strategy and process to transform market data into insights to support product development and planning
- Supplier Effectiveness – To modernise and structure how we work with our product suppliers, in order to support the delivery of both Primark’s and supplier’s growth ambitions. To do this we have established a Supplier Effectiveness project built around a series of practical workstreams.
- Actively work across the Supplier Effectiveness Programme -
- Working with functional team members to establish and meet business needs
- Completing individual deliverables and work packages
- Developing content, facilitating workshop/stakeholder engagements.
- Synthesizing outputs and developing recommendations and feeding these back to the project team
- Support department communication and embed feedback processes
- Analyse internal feedback on proposed process, and work with project lead to reflect amendments in tools/process
- Work with Sourcing team to develop communication content (internal and external). Therefore, clear and concise communication skills are required
- Capture process learnings and develop guidelines / process maps for future process
- Prepare for and facilitate data gathering exercises and workshops to identify scorecard metrics and detailed use cases
- Work with VSC Lead to test use cases with internal teams and ensure user needs are met
- For the Supplier Tech Eco System - support in gathering business requirements through workshops and interviews and document outputs
- Conduct research on options and solutions – core capabilities and use cases from industry
- Continuously evaluate and challenge any changes in activities to ensure these are aligned to and deliver the programme objectives
The Project Analyst will work with a diverse and potentially remote team of internal and external resources.
There will be dependencies that will surface throughout the project which will require a strong and dedicated person to work cross functionally and focused on the end goal.
Engagement will be required with the following teams:
- Product Model Programme Team
- Supply Chain, Sourcing, Ethical and Environmental
- Primark Cares Team
- Buying, Merchandising, Design and Quality
- Central functions including Finance, Technology, Legal, Procurement, P&C
- Minimum 2 year professional work experience, either within industry or management consulting
- End-to-end problem solving including analytical, quantitative, intellectual, creative and other challenges
- Strong coordination skills: able to maintain a large number of tasks to a high standard.
- Excellent communication skills enabling effective engagement with a diverse stakeholder group both across the business and externally
- Experience of using Microsoft Packages, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong interpersonal skills: effectively working both independently and as part of a team to deliver high standards
- A strong understanding of the Buying and Merchandising and Sourcing process would be advantageous.
- Experience of agile methodologies
- Be a highly motivated self-starter with a can-do attitude
- Strong relationship-builder with proven record of managing stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
- Experience of working on a Programme and / or Project Environment
- Continuous improvement mindset
- M.S or Bachelors Degree or similar
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule and work within agreed timescales
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to analyse and interrogate high volumes of data as well as demonstrating an ability to focus on higher level overview
- Proven ability in managing sensitive matters whilst ensuring all Primark information remains confidential to the business
- Be a collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal/communication skills, while demonstrating high levels of emotional intelligence and possess the ability to push back with professionalism. Proven ability in developing effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation
- Operates with a high level of integrity, diplomacy, tact and professionalism
- Effective and persuasive presentation skills, including the ability to present complex information in an understandable manner to all areas of the business
- Sound judgement, unquestionable ethics and integrity with high degree of transparency and trust