Regional Payroll Manager, UK & Ireland
Reports To: Head of Global Payroll
We are looking for a driven and enthusiastic Payroll Manager to join our team. As a part of our team, you’ll engage with an amazing and inclusive group of colleagues and leaders. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment and have a desire to develop your career while making a meaningful impact on our business, this is the opportunity for you! The successful candidate will lead our 4 UK & ROI teams within the payroll function and will play a pivotal role in coaching, mentoring and developing the team to ensure delivery of pay accurately and on time.
- Overall responsibility of UK & ROI payrolls
- Lead the teams to drive efficient operational processing through the adoption of automation where possible, application of standardised processes and delivery of a consistent service model
- Maintain a strong high-performing team through effective recruiting, training, coaching, team building, performance management and resource planning.
- Ensure procedures are compliant and consistent with current regulations.
- Foster and maintain positive relationships with the internal stakeholder groups.
- Partnering with P&C Leads regularly to provide legislative updates/Payroll changes
- Management of the external payroll vendor contracts, including the on-going management of SLAs, service delivery and ensuring compliance to in-country reporting requirements.
- Develop and maintain robust Business Continuity plans for all payrolls
- Lead internal and external audits within supported countries ensuring process improvements are introduced as necessary and in line with audit findings.
- Responsible for defining, measuring, and adhering to appropriate Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) established under the service delivery model.
- Demonstrate a hands-on approach to problem solving and team support.
- Deliver projects and payroll related communications
- Primark is a growing retail business, as such responsibilities may change with time.
Experience and Qualification:
- At least 10 or more years of Payroll experience with at least 5 or more years' experience of managing multiple staff.
- Ability to make decisions and drive through solutions.
- Strong people management experience within a payroll function and experience of managing a large team or multiple teams.
- Organizational and time management skills in managing multiple, diverse and sometimes conflicting priorities.
- A solid understanding of payroll processes, compliance practices and systems.
- High level of proficiency with MS Excel.
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills.
- Thrives when working in a fast-paced environment and enjoys tackling ambiguous problems.
- Strong sense of urgency and the ability to prioritize on fast pace environment.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment and communicate effectively to audiences of varying levels of seniority.
- Maturity, discretion and experience dealing with highly confidential information.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, while working in a fast-paced environment.
Why work with us?
At Primark, we know how hard everyone works to achieve our business goals. Having a competitive salary and pension contribution is our way of acknowledging this. We will also provide you with a progressive career path, because clear advancement is what we are all about at Primark
Our flexible working benefit, Your Day Your Way, means you get to choose when to start and finish your workday. We work on a hybrid model so you can can work in a way that suits you but also helps us get the most out of your talents. We also have the option to finish at 2pm on Fridays! There is a lively culture here, and it’s easy to get to know each other in a truly warm atmosphere.