Location: Reading or Dublin (with extensive travel to Reading, London and Dublin)
- Acts as an internal strategic advisor, responding to “exam questions” set by Leadership Team and/or Strategy Director, which will mainly relate to a) initiatives around new/existing products, services and/or markets and b) new/innovative ideas and growth opportunities
- Self-sufficiently identifies areas of strategic opportunity for Primark
- Works with stakeholders across the business to use different data sources to best answer strategic questions and meet the briefs that have been set
- Working with Procurement team, identifies appropriate external partners / consultancies (where appropriate) and runs RFP processes to select external support
- Works with Strategy Director to review and then adapt/revise the calendar of strategic meetings and processes that exist within Primark today, ensuring that they are timely, focused, and value-adding.
- Establishes and reviews strategic priorities and translates them into actionable, quantitative plans
- Plays a highly collaborative role and will routinely work with the business’s senior executives in setting the vision and agenda of the business and work with the day-to-day planning teams in developing a clear roadmap that will realize the business’s vision.
- Responsible for monitoring external data (market, competitor, customer) and industry trends
- Responsible for identifying new areas of opportunity for Primark (e.g. around technology / innovation), working closely with other internal stakeholders
- Substantial and proven experience of business strategy development within a large organisation and/ or consultancy environment.
- Strong experience with the Retail sector, and proven experience of advising senior management of Retail businesses on strategic issues. To include minimum 3 years experience working with or for retail companies (and ideally some fashion / clothing & footwear experience)
- Substantial experience of data analysis, having a good knowledge of relevant tools and methodologies.
- Sound computer aptitude, particularly with spreadsheet/analytical packages (advanced Excel) and presentation (advanced Powerpoint) packages.
- Strong report writing and editing skills.
- Articulate and able to build a strong narrative argument, distilling lots of information into a clear and consistent story that will resonate with Primark management and executives
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to get people to “buy in” and deliver to a high standard.
- Good communicator.
- Influential in a meeting environment with Senior Stakeholders.
- Proven project management experience (though formal training / accreditation not required)
- Proven ability to manage budgets and conduct return on investment analysis.
- Strong coordination skills - able to maintain a large number of tasks to a high standard.
- Good team player.
- Has a good understanding of organisational dynamics and business process and policies.
- Happy to travel extensively (mainly Reading, London and Dublin)
We are fully committed to supporting people with a disability in applying for our vacancies. If you have a disability and require support throughout the recruitment process you can contact us here disABILITY@primark.co.uk and let us know what adjustments you may need.