Talent & Development LeadRole Reports to: Talent & Development Manager
Purpose of role:
To support the Learning, Leadership and Talent Development agenda to enable the delivery of the Primark people first strategy. The role will have the responsibility to support the discovery, design, organization, delivery and evaluation of all activity within the Centre of Excellence & collaborate & operate across all Business & Global markets. An emerging thought leader in the field of development across Learning, Leadership, Talent Development bringing their fresh thinking to bear on the Talent & Development combined strategy.
- Delivering multiple end to end learning, leadership and talent activities and projects simultaneously across key business areas e.g. Retail, BMD, Central Functions
- Design and develop Global & Business Unit specific programmes & learning products across a variety of mediums to better enable the organisational goals
- Create tools and resources to support learning products to include facilitator and participant materials, presentation media, job aides, and on-the-job development accelerators
- Engage with stakeholders to pilot and test new solutions taking on feedback and reshaping as necessary to provide best value
- Develop strong stakeholder relationships across the business inclusive of L&D in all markets, P&C Business Partnering team and key business unit stakeholders e.g. Retail Operations, EHS, Technology
- Create delivery, communications, engagement and launch plans for new programmes
- Support the delivery and facilitation of activities & programmes which may include: Workshops, Coaching, High Potential Development, Leadership & Learning forums & business projects as required.
- Build & execute evaluation processes to review effectiveness & return on investment of learning products, programmes and initiatives
- Drive continuous improvement and embedding of the learning to maximize impact
- Oversee the and selection of suppliers where required and manage supplier relationships to ensure products delivered are fit for purpose for Primark
- Develop options for solutions and prepare a business case if required.
- Conduct discovery research to provide extensive qualitative and quantitative data. Review any data to provide insight to determine root cause
- Provide ad hoc support to the business leader & management populations on areas of coaching/ consultation/ professional & personal development
- Demonstrable & continuous expansion of a live network which is utilized to inform the development of the individuals thought leadership
Key Ways of Working:
- Collaborate with in market Learning & Development teams and People & Culture Business Partners to diagnose current and future business needs in relation to the Centre of Excellence accountabilities.
- Contribute to the emerging strategy of Learning. Leadership and Talent Development
- Ensure alignment with our centre of excellence processes: Make your Primark, Model of High potential, assessments & selection, Digital learning experiences & Career paths.
- Champion the organisation values, behaviours and competencies & be a subject matter expert in these areas for others.
- Build seamless teams across the centre of excellence, international markets & business units to enable a truly collaborative approach to all activity.
Role Specific Experience:
Extensive experience within the fields of Learning, Leadership & Talent Development
- Previous role working in a fast paced/global international organisation with retail experience preferred
- Established Project Manager with ability to oversee multiple projects and streams of work simultaneously
- Competent facilitator and presenter with ability to adapt style to different audiences
- Understanding of the world of digital learning & future of learning with skills in digital content design
- Experience in rolling out global learning programmes with understanding of local and cultural differences
- Proven ability in developing effective working relationships across all levels of an organisation.
- Excellent communications both verbal and written
- Proficient in Microsoft Packages including Powerpoint/Excel etc.
- Self-starter with drive and initiative
- Knowledge and working with Agile principles an advantage