Main function of role:
Lead the 4 UK & ROI teams within the payroll function, coaching, mentoring and developing the team to ensure delivery of pay accurately and on time.
- Overall responsibility of UK & ROI payrolls
- Lead the teams to drive efficient operational processing through the adoption of automation where possible, application of standardised processes and delivery of a consistent service model
- Maintains a strong high-performing team through effective recruiting, training, coaching, team building, performance management and resource planning.
- Ensure procedures are compliant and consistent with current regulations
- Fosters and maintains positive relationships with the internal stakeholder groups.
- Partnering with P&C Leads regularly to provide legislative updates/Payroll changes
- Management of the external payroll vendor contracts, including the on-going management of SLAs, service delivery and ensuring compliance to in-country reporting requirements.
- Develop and maintain robust Business Continuity plans for all payrolls
- Lead internal and external audits within supported countries ensuring process improvements are introduced as necessary and in line with audit findings
- Responsible for defining, measuring, and adhering to appropriate Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) established under the service delivery model
- Demonstrate a hands-on approach to problem solving and team support.
- Deliver projects and payroll related communications
Experience, Skills & Competencies
- At least 10 or more years of Payroll experience with at least 5 or more years' experience of managing multiple staff.
- Ability to make decisions and drive through solutions.
- Strong people management experience within a payroll function and experience of managing a large team or multiple teams.
- Organizational and time management skills in managing multiple, diverse and sometimes conflicting priorities.
- A solid understanding of payroll processes, compliance practices and systems
- High level of proficiency with MS Excel
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Strong sense of urgency and the ability to prioritize on fast pace environment
- Maturity, discretion and experience dealing with highly confidential information
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, while working in a fast-paced environment