Purpose of role: The purpose of the Space Planning Partner role is to plan all stores across the Group at Department level. You will also be responsible for planning all New Business Development opportunities and Event Space. The Space Planning Partner will report directly into the Head of Store Planning and will have responsibility for their own department. As a Space Planning Partner, you will have extensive knowledge of your department’s stores, markets, architecture, layouts and overall Department Strategy.
Location:South of England as a region - Reading will be your Head Office with travel required within the region
- Planning all stores across the region at Department level, with responsibility for your own Department
- Developing short and long term plans for the effective utilisation of space to drive improvements in sales and margin for your department
- Analysing key financial data to support decision making in Space Optimisation
- Planning of all New Business Development opportunities and Event Space
- Developing extensive knowledge of your department’s stores, markets, architecture and layouts.
- Responsible for driving department strategy and ensuring this is aligned with overall business strategy and goals
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders including retail and merchandising colleagues
Key Interactions and engagement with as part of role:
- Key stakeholders will include Retail, Merchandising and Store Design, Brand, Store Development.
Essential knowledge, education, skills and experience:
- Ability to work with a consistent set of financial KPI’s
- Strong business acumen and a highly commercial mindset
- Strong numerical and analytical skills with a high degree of accuracy
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly collaborative with the ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Understanding of the retail environment with a customer centric approach
- Knowledge of AutoCAD would be preferable but extensive training will be in place
- 5+ years of experience working in retail space planning would be ideal but we would also consider strong commercial operational experience of space management
- A relevant degree or equivalent level of education preferred
- Highly organised, detail-oriented, possessing the ability to effectively prioritise projects and deliverables whilst meeting deadlines set by management.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule for self and team and work within agreed timescales.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to analyse and interrogate high volumes of data as well as demonstrating an ability to focus on higher level overview.
- Proven ability in managing sensitive matters whilst ensuring all Primark information remains confidential to the business.
- Be a collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal/communication skills, while demonstrating high levels of emotional intelligence and possess the ability to push back with professionalism. Proven ability in developing effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation.
- Operates with a high level of integrity, diplomacy, tact and professionalism.
- Effective and persuasive presentation skills, including the ability to present complex information in an understandable manner to all areas of the business.
- Ability to lead, influence and coach others
- Sound judgement, unquestionable ethics and integrity with high degree of transparency and trust