14 hours over Saturday and Sunday is ideal for full-time student Ethan. But lectures or deadlines permitting, he can top up his pay during the week.Read more
What you'll do
Service with a smile
Buying clothes should be a pleasure. So whether you work full time, part time or weekends, your big, natural smile will go a long way.
You’ll give customers your time, helping them in any way you can to feel and look good – whether that’s finding the clothes they want, advising on an outfit or suggesting something else.
Nothing will be too much trouble… which is why customers will remember you.
Keeping everything moving
It’s fast and frenetic, but fun at Primark. People love quality at affordable prices, so expect to be busy!
You’ll keep the queues moving and make sure everything runs smoothly, so when customers have found their perfect outfit they can get home to try it on ASAP.
There will be bags to do, but if you love a varied, action-packed job, this is for you.
Passion for customers
You’ll get to know our customers, keep stock tidy so they can find what they want and provide great service.
Strong work ethic
There’ll always be something to do and you’ll be on the go from the first minute. Got the energy for it?
Eye for fashion
Our customers love fashion. You’ll share their enthusiasm and be able to offer an opinion.
Rewards and benefits
Variety of shifts to suit you
Training to develop your skills
Fast-paced, fun culture
Learn more about Primark
Full-Time Cash Office Assistant - Job description
Purpose of role:To contribute to the profitability of the store through efficient and accurate control of cash handling operations and the completion of all relevant administration, in line with company policies and procedure
Reports to:Store Manager
Cash Handling – Daily and weekly procedures
- Check cash registers daily to determine that counted cash balances against the close cash book report (generated overnight)
- Note any cash register discrepancies and inform the Store Manager if these cannot be reconciled
- Prepare cash register floats for the following day’s transactions when cashing up
- Prepare deposits when cashing up registers
- Conduct Safe checks to account for all monies entering or leaving the cash office taking into account petty cash debits, unopened Securicor bags, prepared banking deposits, loose notes and change, change issued and any change received from Securicor
- Balance registers by confirming the amounts that have actually been processed. Note any cash shorts and over’s
- Run trial safe balances to compare the cash taken with sales using the trial safe total, closed cash book report and sales figures
- Carry out lifts with designated security and Management to ensure compliance with Company operating procedures
- Organize change for registers as and when required ensuring that this is recorded in the change order book and on the system
- Carry out regular spot checks on each register per day
- Ensure petty cash issued is within operating guidelines, is recorded and signed for and placed onto the system
- Check cash bags are all accounted for at the end of the day’s trading using the designated check form
- Monitor and order change from Securicor as and when required to ensure efficient running of the registers at all times
- Ensure weekly sheet is completed accurately each Sunday
- Ensure that Payroll documentation is dispatched to Reading HO and the Weekly Sheet, deposit slips, Securicor receipts and petty cash debit slips are sent to Dublin on Monday morning
- Comply with company procedures on staff searches
- Adhere strictly to Company procedures with regard to the security of cash
- Restrict entry to the Cash office to designated personnel at all times
- Securicor guards’ identity to be checked against identification listing and cash office access denied
- Hand over only sealed and checked deposits and secure receipts
- Adhere to Company policy with respect to lost credit cards and valuables attending to this on a weekly basis
- Follow appropriate company policies regarding customer or staff theft
- Comply with company procedures on staff searches
Reporting & Auditing
- Compile all reports so that sales figures can be analyzed, including:
- Daily Register report - report for each register, listing any cash overs and shorts using the balance cash box report
- Refund report – add up all the refund slips and complete the refund report
- Lift report – showing what cash lifts have been carried out from each register
- Weekly sheet – ensure this is completed accurately each Sunday
- Electronic Journal (BT Expedite / Anker Register system) - ensure knowledge of how to access the Electronic Journal to check staff movements and itemized accounts of sales.
- Keep a record of all Lost Property in accordance with company procedures
Environment, Health & Safety (EHS)
- Be alert to any potential hazards within your work area
- Be aware of fire and emergency evacuation procedures
- Follow company procedures for staff and customer accidents
- Have knowledge of how to deal with bomb threats and any hoax callers
- 2 years store-based retail experience
- 2 years experience in managing cash procedures
- High school diploma or equivalent
Each store has unique challenges, your Area and Store Managers will describe local specific requirements.