Purpose of role
The Central Systems Business Analyst will be responsible for understanding business processes and applications, analysing the business needs of internal clients and stakeholders to help identify business problems and propose application solutions. It requires an ability to understand business processes, gather requirements and translate them into a model that will allow the organisation to achieve its goals. Working closely with the customer and the solutions architect, the BA will help shape the applications roadmap.
Business Systems Manager
- Develop a strong understanding of our existing system and application landscape as a building block for future solutions.
- Work with an internal and external teams to help shape the landscape and solutions that will allow the business to achieve its strategic goals.
- Using interviews, workshops, documentation reviews, business analysis and business process evaluations, gather business requirements.
- Work with and challenge business units on their assumptions to help deliver solutions for their current and future needs.
- Project manage the process from initiation through to sign off, adhering to all PMO requirements.
- Take on the project management of programme work streams through to successful implementation, when required.
- Work with information gathered from multiple sources, be able to evaluate true business requirement from user request, ensure that proposed solution is reconciled with all business inputs, and resolve business conflicts as required.
- Be able to draw requirements together into Functional Requirements Documents using existing templates, making use of plain English, diagrams, process flows and scenarios so that the resulting document will be meaningful to the intended users.
- Have the ability to work in a team collaborating on different aspects of a large project, ensuring that the objectives of all components are aligned and that delivered solution will works as an end to end process.
- Be able to take responsibility for managing aspects of project, managing resources, timelines, 3rd parties and delivering status reports, feeding into the overall project.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives in parallel.
- Use the knowledge gained in the analysis and design of the solutions to become one of the SMEs for aspects of the new landscape.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent).
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in related field.
- IT experience in communications applications
- Demonstrate experience of gathering requirements and converting them into a product vision.
- Show experience of Project Management role and an understanding of PMO requirements.
- Have strong analytical skills to interpret customer needs and translate into application and operational requirements.
- Possess the ability to work alongside senior management at all levels within ICT, the business and external service providers / business partners.
- Demonstrate strong planning and organisation skills, ability to plan and prioritise work schedule and work within agreed timescales.
- Experience delivering solutions with 3rd parties
- Demonstrate an understanding of the requirements for integrations and data transformation in a complex environment
- Experience testing solutions across multiple systems
- Experience of working with cloud-based systems
- Some experience with leveraging data analytic technologies
- Have strong communications skills (written and verbal) – need to communicate at all levels within ICT, the business and external service providers / business partners.