Purpose of role: To manage the day to day Tariff Classification of Primark product and to support the Tariff Classification Team leader as and when required
Reports to: Classification Team Leader
Location: Dublin Head Office
- Validate the commodity codes and item types submitted by a supplier on the TariffTel system
- Use the TariffTel systems Q&A functionality to verify details with suppliers
- Ensure that the preference indicator submitted by the supplier is accurate for the commodity code/ country combination
- Where there is a set or a multipack in the system ensure all component parts have been classified
- Verify the Anti-Dumping factory and code is accurate for the supplier where applicable.
- Develop knowledge and skills and aim to become the go-to person for their product area of responsibility
- Work closely with B&M to ensure that they have the correct duty information for budgeting and planning purposes
- Support the Tariff Classification Team Leader to deliver training workshops for the buyers to raise the profile of the team and ensure our buyers have an understanding of classification and duty rates in relation to their product area
- Maintain customs duty sheets
- Ensure TariffTel and the Duty Management System are updated with any regulatory changes in a timely manner
- Attend buying team meetings particularly key lines and new products to get an understanding of what products may be imported
- Support the Head of US Customs Compliance with tariff engineering as and when required
- Ensure PSDs are completed in a timely manner
- Liaise with suppliers re FDA, FWS and other government regulatory requirements to ensure the correct certificates are provided to the Customs Operations team for submission of the customs declaration
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- Good verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to foster a great team ethos.
- Ability to build good working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work under pressure and to manage/support others who are under pressure.
- Ability to work under own initiative and make decisions.
- Ability to influence others
- Knowledge of customs operations.
- Excellent Excel skills and good experience of other Microsoft Office programmes, for example, PowerPoint, Access, Word, etc.
- Experience of SIV and TariffTel
- Be a good communicator
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Organised and able to prioritise
- Able to take direction but equally happy to make counter suggestions and to challenge the status quo.
- Able to stand their ground when required.
- Acts in a professional manner at all times.
- Energetic and enthusiastic.
- Open to change and new ideas.
- Driven to develop her / himself and the members of the team.
- A leader that leads a high performing team.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable.