Purpose of role:
Lead a team of data management professionals in delivering a roadmap and plan for capturing and managing reporting data across the enterprise. Define structured processes and standards for capturing and managing data across the BI Platform. Provide guidance to key functions to ensure that the necessary data is provided to achieve reporting and analytics across key business functions including P&C, B&M, Sourcing, Supply Chain, Retail and Finance.
Identify the key data requirements across the business and prioritise the capture of this data in order to deliver a Single Version Of The Truth.
- Lead a team of data management professionals in managing the data lifecycle – ensuring data is delivered to the right functions at the right time.
- Guide application design, development and implementation for the BI portfolio of projects delivering across all functions in Primark.
- Ensure adherence to data modelling (logical and physical), mapping and documentation processes and standards
- Establish a joined up view of our data – capturing the key data and process flows
- Ensure end-to-end BI Platform capability is fit for purpose and meets SLAs for reporting and analytics
- Responsible for upgrade roadmap for BI Platform
- Promote a culture of enhanced performance through the use of data and analytics
- Manage and engage stakeholders at all levels across the entire business;
- Support the ongoing management of internal stakeholder management processes.
- Manage cross functional teams of up to 20 people to delivery on BI Portfolio
- Manage multiple vendors delivering to a coherent strategy
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- 10 years or more in a BI / Reporting / Analytics role
- At least 3 to 4 years in a Team Lead / Management position
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Data Analytics required.
- Excellent project and programme management skills, including ability to handle multiple priorities a must
- Strong analytical skills and application knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability and confidence to question and challenge - ensuring we are continuously improving our processes and measuring the right data
- Up to date on large scale data analytics and reporting technologies, trends and practices across a variety of industries.
- Knowledge and experience of managing Teradata/Tableau/ Alteryx or equivalent technology set
- Highly organised, detail-oriented, possessing the ability to effectively prioritise projects and deliverables whilst meeting deadlines set by management.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule for self and team and work within agreed timescales.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to analyse and interrogate high volumes of data as well as demonstrating an ability to focus on higher level overview.
- Proven ability in managing sensitive matters whilst ensuring all Primark information remains confidential to the business.
- Be a collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal/communication skills, while demonstrating high levels of emotional intelligence and possess the ability to push back with professionalism. Proven ability in developing effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation.
- Operates with a high level of integrity, diplomacy, tact and professionalism.
- Effective and persuasive presentation skills, including the ability to present complex information in an understandable manner to all areas of the business.
- Ability to lead, influence and coach others
- Sound judgement, unquestionable ethics and integrity with high degree of transparency and trust