Purpose of role:
As Financial Systems and BI Reporting Manager, you'll be working closely with key stakeholders in developing reporting and insight capabilities and implementation of these across finance. Managing a team and working across key areas of finance, you will be involved in designing and delivering a reporting roadmap and enhancing BI capabilities across the department. You will play a lead in the roll out of a significant Finance Reporting & Analytics programme and the set-up of appropriate support across the business. Excellent technical and systems skills are a pre-requisite combined with strong financial acumen and project management skills.
- Working closely with key stakeholders in finance, responsible for the overall design, implementation and management of centralised Finance BI & Reporting requirements.
- Make tactical investments in business intelligence initiatives and oversee maturity of business intelligence capabilities in Finance, including report automation & dashboard creation.
- Responsibility for leading the design and build of complete BI solutions to agreed standards, including management of internal and third-party teams.
- Responsible for working with other areas of the business and 3rd parties to ensure on-going system support is in place across relevant systems.
- Proactively develop systems capability and insights within the Reporting & Planning function.
- Programme Manager for Finance Reporting & Analytics project and act as the main finance contact for all global reporting and analysis projects, including Cognos tools upgrade(s).
- Develop effective working relationships within the business to identify changing business needs.
- Act as the finance spoke for BI and analysis. Overall custodian for business data within finance, providing context to business users on how best to use data and drive insights.
- Support ad-hoc requests for deep dive financial analysis from various business partners.
- Required knowledge, skills and experience:
- Lead a Finance BI/Reporting capability in a complex environment with at least 5 years at manager level
- Experience of leading programmes/projects in Finance Reporting/BI
- Strong experience with Cognos and TM1 with experience using Teradata, Tableau, Alteryx and/or related systems
- Strong ability to lead, mentor and motivate teams, with excellent collaboration skills
- Ability to engage effectively with internal and external stakeholders at all levels to communicate business value and implementation requirements.
- Strategic thinker, a self-starter, quick learner and will have the ability to efficiently manage various high-priority and visible projects and operational tasks.
- Third-level degree in IT/Computer Sciences or related field.
- Experience in building and managing data warehouse systems, systems integration, etl development, reporting & analysis.