Purpose of role: To help bring the Primark strategy to life, operating as a trusted adviser and partner to our internal stakeholders, with a particular focus on Technology transformation. An enabler and an expert resource to build and consistently deliver employee engagement and strategic communications to Primark employees across our 14 markets.
Reports to:Head of Internal Communications & Engagement
Employee Communication & Engagement
- Generate and lead creative campaigns that engage, inspire and motivate employees.
- Support and implement employee communications for your area of responsibility including communications plans and engagement initiatives.
- Be a key advisor to the business on the appropriate use of internal communications channels including our employee app, intranet, video, email, digital, print and internal social media channels.
- Drive improvements based on key employee communications trends and best practice, continuing to bring the outside in, and encourage new and innovative thinking across the function.
- Actively drive change and innovation in your business areas.
- Draft and send communications related to user actions and experience before, during, and after new feature development, providing information that is accurate, timely, and complete.
- Work with the full Technology function to develop stakeholder engagement and communication plans for Technology that are clear, interactive and two-way as appropriate.
- Work with operational teams to manage system communications and updates.
- Work with the Technology team and Internal Communications & Engagement Business Partners on the strategy for Technology communication channels including monthly townhall meetings, management meetings, Leadership updates, app and intranet content.
- Form part of the Technology Transformation team supporting the ongoing Transformation programme and ensuring that employees have clarity of key priorities and changes.
- Develop communication material and content, delivered utilising technology tools.
- Manage and continuously improve overall channel infrastructure. Regularly audit communication approach to ensure cut through with audiences.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to build and protect Primark’s brand and reputation internally in all markets.
- Work with the Technology team and Internal Communications & Engagement Business Partners to develop an end-end communications strategy which aligns with various transformation activities.
- Develop and execute communications strategies for your specific areas of responsibility.
- Work with the Internal Communications & Engagement team to develop the aligned employee narrative and messaging, providing ongoing feedback on employee sentiment in your areas of responsibility to support decision-making.
- Provide strategic counsel to business leadership in how to best engage with employees, coaching and advising on the appropriate internal communications approach, channels and content.
- Develop strong working relationships across Corporate Affairs and other departments and teams to adapt to business needs and create fit-for-purpose innovative employee communications plans and initiatives.
- Act as a key advisor on how best to optimise design for our various internal channels including digital, mobile, email, video and print.
- Possess flexibility to adapt and thrive in a rapidly evolving, fast-paced environment as well as willingness to get the job done.
- Work with Business Analysts, Product Owners, Architects and Engineers from within Primark as well as our partners to verify the technical accuracy of user communications.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- At least 4 years’ experience of developing and delivering large scale, multi-channel employee communication and change strategies.
- Extensive experience in building high impact change and transformation communications for multiple levels of stakeholders including senior leaders.
- Passionate about technology and digital with the ability to inspire others to challenge and disrupt the current reality to co-create a compelling technology-orientated future business.
- Exceptional communicator with a passion for international retail.
- Pro-active, self-starter experienced in driving innovative ideas and campaigns.
- Customer centric, can do attitude and a track record of hands on delivery and execution.
- Solution-oriented and experienced finding innovative ways to engage and motivate employees.
- Demonstrated organisational and analytical skills with the capacity to manage changing priorities and ambiguity in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong writer and editor, with an ability to translate complex business materials into compelling content for a range of internal communications channels.
- Extensive knowledge of internal communications trends and best practice.
- Experience working with agencies and other 3rd party suppliers.