As our Operations Manager you will have the responsibility for ensuring all third-party providers deemed applicable to the role and servicing the stores while delivering the highest performance standards required in the most cost-effective way.
This role reports to our Head of Group Retail Operations, in our Dublin Head Office.
What the role involves:
Manage Third Party Providers
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
• Develop and maintain effective and measurable KPI’s on the retail cleaning operation and other applicable in store service providers.
Service Level Agreements (SLA’s)
• Develop a set of comprehensive SLAs to measure, monitor, and control cleaning providers and other applicable in store service providers performance
• Continuously guide service providers through feedback sessions based on objectively measured performance metrics.
Contracts/ Change Rates/ Tenders
• Develop, maintain, coordinate and monitor effective contracts for cleaning and other applicable in store service providers ensuring timely and cost-effective delivery of results and activities
• Conduct annual reviews of rate changes and work with Procurement team to ensure best pricing.
• In conjunction with Retail and Finance partners, formulate and prepare annual budgets for service providers in stores.
• Coordinate budgeting approvals and closely monitor spends to ensure they are aligned with retail teams.
• Ensure awareness exists and responsibility taken in market for budgets ensuring accountability of costs throughout the business and building a culture that challenges costs consistently.
• In partnership with service providers and retail teams, identify and develop more effective and efficient ways of working and managing service provisions.
• Update and develop policies and procedures as required for changes in the business environment.
• Maintain the company intranet site and ensure that all `information on the site is accurate and kept up to date.
• Carry out regular business reviews with vendors ensuring buy-in to the wider strategy and setting performance and development expectations.
• Liaise with Retail teams and Legal departments to maintain an awareness of developments in legal field and its impacts in order to ensure that the company continues to comply with best practice and legal requirements.
• Ensure all service providers are aware and are fully aligned with the company Customer Service policies and procedures.
• In conjunction with retail teams and Customer Service department, follow up on complaints and issues raised.
• Monitor complaints to compile lessons learned and share across the business.
• Allocate the best company for new stores and refits, accounting for operational and economic requirements, and ensuring cost effective delivery of results and activities.
• In conjunction with retail teams, review opening process to identify opportunities and refine the process.
• Working closely with the procurement department to identify sources providing the most cost-effective products.
• Develop, manage, monitor and maintain an effective distribution system which ensures stores always have sufficient supplies whilst controlling the stock levels efficiently.
• Maintain an awareness of industry developments in order ensure that the company continues to comply with best practice.
• Undertake designated projects and assist other members of the team with ad-hoc project tasks.
• Manage, monitor and maintain designated projects to drive cost efficiency and in store process
• Consistently maintain and develop the cost management strategy for Retail Operations.
• Develop strategic initiatives, and execute and maintain an operational audit for service providers
• Prepare and present quality reports of audit findings and analyse the results to identify opportunities for improvement and make recommendations based on audit outcomes.
• Develop own capability by using Management resources and development plans.
What we're looking for:
• Retail manager experience at a store manager level or above and/or experience in retail service providers at management level.
• Knowledge of sourcing and managing consumables an advantage.
• The ability to produce relevant, coherent, succinct information and reports for all levels of management, including understanding the requirements of Directors.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to work cross-functionally throughout the business.
• Strong planning and organisation skills, ability to plan and prioritise work schedule and work within agreed timescales.
• Exceptional level of computer literacy.
• The ability to work as part of the team and under own initiative.
• Ability to influence wider business stakeholders.