Purpose of role
To support the Designer and Buying teams in researching and designing a commercial Childrenswear range, including trend, colour, shape direction
Trend & Research
- Complete daily trend research across multi platforms, delivering trend information to the Childrenswear teams
- Adapt latest trends into the Primark handwriting, to ensure a commercial direction for the range
- Ensure research also considers new techniques/fabrics and seasonal colour direction
- Present ideas with confidence to the design/buying teams.
- Work alongside Design team to create typographically strong original graphics and prints.
- Have an awareness and interest in garment shape design and how this can be developed for Primark
- Develop an understanding of the Childrenswear products and show willingness to work within the brand guidelines of the partners we work with
- Follow design briefs to ensure focus is maintained on the provided direction in the allocated time
- Track and manage design/trend amends, ensuring they are communicated to all parties in a timely manner
- Prepare design/trend files for presentations/meetings/suppliers.
- Responsible for design team colour/trend/product admin.
Skills & Experience
- Innovative creative thinker
- Passionate and hard working
- Have a strong creative portfolio
- Proactive and confident communication of ideas and design
- Positive and have a can do attitude at all times
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to drive newness within a commercially focused environment.
- Keen to excel in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Flexible and adaptable approach at all times
- Ability to work under pressure and multi task and react swiftly to changing business needs.
- Ability to travel within UK
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud; Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Excel.
- Fashion graphic design training preferred
- Ability to both hand draw and work directly onto the mac