This is an exciting role to be part of our Workforce and Labour Standards team. You will be part of the wider Group operations team working with a diverse group of stakeholders to develop and maintain the workforce management/labour model that will enable efficient management of and scheduling of our workforce in all stores across our 13 markets.
The main purpose of this role is to own the workforce standards (task driven activity) that drive the Primark Retail Labour Model. You will work with our 3rd party time and motion study partners to complete measurement of in store activity, you will also work with key stakeholders across the business to ensure any changes in store are measured and appropriately reflected in our labour model
- Key member of the project team to establish the first Primark retail labour model managing the relationship with our 3rd party time & motion study provider to ensure measurements are carried out in line with design principles signed off by the labour model working group.
- Manage the relationship with retail to ensure we are selecting the most appropriate sample stores and effectively planning and managing store visits for collation of data driven standards
- Own the roadmap for workforce/labour standard maintenance ensuring it is aligned with 3rd party providers and the Primark retail calendar/activity overview for stores.
- Identify key workforce/labour cost drivers in store and areas for review to eliminate waste and identify pipeline of opportunities for improvement and cost optimisation.
- Work with the Projects and Improvements team to assess all proposed changes to store processes and/or systems to agree what changes require detailed measurement and assessment to determine impact on retail workforce/labour costs.
- Work with finance to ensure the workforce/labour model outputs are embedded in the annual wage budgeting process and quarterly forecast reviews. Budgets should be aligned with projects and changes signed off by the appropriate governance forum within Primark.
- Ownership of workforce/labour standards maintenance for new markets, new stores, refurbs and extensions. Alignment of productivity targets and reporting to the workforce/labour model identifying productivity KPIs for stores to drive improved efficiency and customer experience.
- Management of UPH productivity contract base targets for stores, ensuring stores have a dynamic contract base target aligned to the latest workforce /labour model outputs. Reporting on gap analysis and wastage of hours/cost due to contract base alignment gaps.
Essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- Bachelor's Degree. Minimum of 5 years commercial/business analyst experience within a large multinational corporation.
- Experience and understanding of time and motion studies and reduction of non-value added tasks
- Experience in 3rd party supplier management and effective use of 3rd party resources.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills and experience applying these skills to resolve operational and technical issues.
- Excellent presentation skills. Advanced MS Excel user.
- Experience with workforce management/ERP systems, SQL, Teradata, Tableau reporting are advantageous but not essential.
- Retail experience also desirable, but not critical.
- Exceptionally strong attention to detail.
- Outstanding collaboration and partnership capabilities with the ability to build trust and build a wide network across the organisation
- Highly organised, detail-oriented, possessing the ability to effectively prioritise projects and deliverables whilst meeting deadlines set by management.
- Demonstrate a proven ability to drive & collaborate with all levels, initiative owners, execution partners (e.g. technology, finance, customer service, marketing, product management and external partners)
- Possess broad business acumen in addition to the theoretical and practical application of program management methodologies.
- Demonstrate outstanding collaboration and communication skills and the ability to influence others without control.
- Have a high level of customer-centricity. Show a trusted consultative team collaboration style.
- Have a proven ability to operate within a highly pressurised & fast paced environment.
- Clearly demonstrate a proven track record of consistently delivering results and achievement of corporate/departmental goals within agreed parameters.