Role: Regional Inbound Co-ordinator
Purpose of role: Co-ordinating port/airport to depot freight operations within a defined destination region
Reports to: Destination Operations Manager
Based: Dublin or Islip ( Northamptonshire)
- Plan and coordinate the inbound freight operation from port/airport of arrival through to delivery into Primark depot(s) or other delivery locations within a defined destination region .
- Coordinating the assigned depot(s) intake plan, forecasting, prioritisation of merchandise, and general depot queries.
- Liaise with multiple freight service providers across the relevant operation
- Development and completion of relevant MI data and reports.
- Ability to analyse data and identify key insights to aid operational performance.
- Managing performance and operational relationships at key account manager level across UK, ROI, Europe and US as relevant.
- Finding and delivering any continuous improvement initiatives and opportunities.
- Input into and maintain standard operating procedures across all relevant modes and service providers.
- Monitor the agreed KPIs both internal and external ensuring we maintain the highest level of OTIF performance
- Support Operations managers in operational reviews with all relevant service providers which could be weekly/monthly/quarterly
- Support training requirements for buying and merchandising teams on supply chain systems.
- Understand your part of the overall operating budget, c. £120M (sea, air, road & rail) through controlling the efficient spend of agreed standard costs and managing out all exceptional costs such as demurrage, detention and storage.
- Liaising with the Customs team to improve the availability of cleared shipments in all destination markets.
- Staying informed of developments in the freight industry relevant to your regional coverage.
- Continually seeking to improve speed to market lead times across your operation
- Monitor and maintain the highest level of data integrity within our systems by effectively monitoring the data interfaced by our service providers
- Working seamlessly with our Supply Chain teams at origin who are on the ground to execute the process and procedures we set centrally.
- Provide operational subject matter expertise to the wider Inbound and Supply Chain teams
- Strong operational experience within a Global freight operations environment with a minimum 1-2 years in a relevant field
- Excellent and up to date knowledge of port to depot operations both ocean and air
- A proven track record in improving performance within previous operations that you have worked in
- Excellent planning skills and be able to think and anticipate several weeks ahead of time.
- Experience of large multi-site / network operations
- Good knowledge and awareness of Health & Safety requirements in a transport and warehouse environment.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Interpersonal skills - discreet, trustworthy and have the ability to build and maintain strong relationships internally and externally
- A flexible approach to work and be capable of managing priorities.
- Retail or other fast paced environments desirable
- Excellent all round problem solving & influencing skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Commercially focused considering end to end costs
- Ability to work cross functionally within a team
- Have a desire to travel and inspect operations for yourself first hand
- The ability to ask good questions and understand what a good response sounds like
- Educated to degree level with 1-2 years of experience in a similar or equivalent role
- Experience working in a retail or FMCG focused head office environment desirable
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (particularly Excel and Powerpoint)
- Excellent organisational, prioritisation and time management skills
- Ability to review and contribute to new process that will deliver beneficial change
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Excellent problem solving, tactical thinking and planning skills
- Relationship builder both internally and externally with strong influencing skills
- Experience of working in a fast paced supply chain environment
- Strong administrative skills
- Effective communicator - 2nd language skills a benefit
We are fully committed to supporting people with a disability in applying for our vacancies. If you have a disability and require support throughout the recruitment process you can contact us here disABILITY@primark.co.uk and let us know what adjustments you may need.