Purpose of role: The ‘Business Analyst’ will be responsible for understanding business processes and applications, analysing the business needs of internal clients and stakeholders to help identify business problems and propose value-adding solutions in a fast-paced environment.
Essential to the role is an ability to understand business processes, gather requirements and translate them into the ‘Product Vision’, that will allow Primark to achieve strategic key initiatives.
The ‘Business Analyst’ will work closely with the ‘Product Owner’, ‘Internal Technology Stakeholders’, ‘Primark Business’, and ‘Business Partners’.
The role requires strong analytical and communication skills, to ensure effective engagement with a diverse stakeholder group.
Reports to: Product Owner
Location: Dublin or Reading
• Develop a strong understanding of our existing systems and application landscape as a building block for future solutions.
• Work with internal and external teams to help shape the ‘Product Vision’ and solutions that will allow ‘Primark’ to achieve its strategic key initiatives.
• Using interviews, workshops, documentation reviews, business analysis and business process evaluations, gather business requirements.
• Work with and challenge business stakeholders on their assumptions, defining objectives to help influence current solutions and the ‘Product Vision’.
• Work with information gathered from multiple sources, be able to evaluate true business requirement from user request, ensure that proposed solution is reconciled with all business inputs, and resolve business conflicts as required.
• Be able to draw requirements together into Business Requirement and Requirement Traceability Matrix documents covering both functional and non-functional business requirements
• Creation of business process documents using existing templates, making use of diagrams, process flows and business scenarios, so that the resulting document will be meaningful to the intended users.
• Actively engage ‘Product Owner’ or Business Stakeholders to translate solution needs into actionable user stories and creating Business test scenarios and scripts for User Acceptance testing (UAT).
• Have the ability to work in a team, collaborating on different aspects of the ‘Product Area’, ensuring that the objectives of all components are aligned, and that final product will work as an end to end process.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
• Educated to degree level (or equivalent).
• Minimum 3 years’ experience as a ‘Business Analyst’ within product or project teams.
• Industry or functional expertise validated through experience working for a Retailer
• Experience of working with ‘Product Lifecycle Management’ and ‘Supplier Effectiveness (capacity planning, quality/compliance initiatives, product sustainability) is advantageous.
• Efficient in ‘Business Process Mapping’ with the use of ‘Microsoft Visio’.
• Demonstrate experience of gathering requirements and converting them into a ‘Product Vision’.
• Experience working within an Agile methodology.
• Have strong analytical skills to interpret customer needs and translate into application and operational requirements.
• Experience in testing solutions across multiple systems
• Have strong communications skills (written and verbal) to communicate at all levels within the Technology function, and work with external service providers / business partners to build strong business and technical requirements and business processes.
• Curious and driven to look at new ways of working and to improve the collaboration across the teams working on ‘Development’ area.
• Excellent attention to detail and an ability to analyse and interrogate high volumes of data.
• Proven ability in managing sensitive matters whilst ensuring all Primark information remains confidential to the business.
• Be a collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal/communication skills, while demonstrating high levels of emotional intelligence and possess the ability to push back with professionalism.
• Proven ability in developing effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation.
• Operates with a high level of integrity, diplomacy, tact and professionalism.
• Effective and persuasive presentation skills, including the ability to present complex information in a language this is clear and understandable to Business users.
• Ability to lead, influence and coach others
• Highly motivated self-starter with a ‘can-do’ attitude.